Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A drowning ship
My dad's family business is going to go bankrupt or something like this.
We used to be a well-off family, mostly only have the face of it, but in this little world which is our town we (they) used to be an "important" family, my grandad was an imposing figure who had many employee, build a house, used to have a big car, dress good etc etc.

"Never take your dirty laundry to the public." yeah, it's true, my dad and his sister grew up pathologically bonded to the family and the family business, and so, my older cousin, who has her life ruined by this when she tried to choose her way, and even today she's a grown woman in the body but it's a fragile immature girl in the soul.
So my dad was the 'heir' of my grandad and my auntie was a 'matron', but also she was a 'first lady' cause she obviously married a man which started a decent political career etc, such as my dad married my graduated in a good University and self-employed professional mom.

They did the same with me, cause I was the first male born after many girls, they ruined my life too but this is another story, I was like an eccentric inheritor even in the opinion of some of my friends (which is something that I disliked, I was a guy like you even if I used to go to nice holidays abroad, also I envy you cause your parents are a decent sane couple, not like mine...)

But all of this was not really... real, do you know the fable of "The ant and the grasshopper"?
So, my dad and his family are the grasshopper, committed to protect their supposed prestige, while my mom, who has raised from an almost poor family is the ant, wisely working without any vanity.

Then 2008, the great financial crisis, it wasn't that bad for us, at the beginning, but now, 10 years later, everything is changed, the ship is drowning, also cause of bad choices taken by the head of the clan (aka dad and auntie) like try to save something that cannot be saved instead of selling everything to a company etc.
Of course now my mom has almost everything on her shoulders (cause she was the first to understand the whole problem) but even throwing herself in her job even more than before she can't save an older and bigger business.
And obviously sometimes my dad tried to say it's also my fault cause I didn't helped in their job, but know I'm more self conscious than the past and I know it's just a delirious idea.

Anyway just today my auntie told me "you must help us (LOL, hell NOPE I can't do anything to help you, also I don't want to save this shit), and help cause if your mom will break up with your dad... (Seriously? I just waited for their divorce since I was a kid and you want me to save their relationship... GOSH) Anyway unluckily this will not happen, cause it's not happened before.

And... I think we're going to be homeless, soon.
Don't know what kind of response I want from you guys, maybe it's just a confession...

your not responsible for your parents and elders - they run the business as they see fit and they are not immune to the worlds financial crisis - you alone can not save it or their marriage if should go that way , Older people do not have all the answers and they lash out too , hopefully they have assets too if things go very bad but do not take the blame for any of it . go live the life that presents itself as you get older , money would make it better im sure but your not going to starve either