Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A fellow gay coworker called me hun, is he into me?
Honey, sweetie, pookie, Punkin', baby, ... while somewhat endearing they're not invitations nor are they proposals for marriage or sex. You state you're just coming out... you've got a lot to learn about reading people! Sometimes a banana is just a banana and a cigar is just a cigar. Wink

I get called "hun" all the time (though usually by older females, but the point still stands), and I don't assume those women are readying themselves to pounce on me. Wink

I'd take it as just a term of endearment and that he likes you, as a friend. I wouldn't assume the worst and potentially ruin a wonderful friendship. Smile

Well, I guess I should ask - do you WANT something to happen?

Lex

Lexington Wrote:Well, I guess I should ask - do you WANT something to happen?

Lex

no, like I said in my original post I don't believe in dating coworkers and I don't find him attractive (although maybe it's just because he's a coworker so my mind won't let him see him like that) and he has a partner.

Then I wouldn't worry about it. If you see any sign that he's increasing the pressure, you can shut him down then, but it seems right now he's just being friendly. Smile

Lex

I'm probably the only one but I'm more used to hun being used in a somewhat condescending or dismissive manner.

Wait! I've got it! He has a speech defect and is unable to pronounce the letter K.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Wait! I've got it! He has a speech defect and is unable to pronounce the letter K.

he used it in a message though Tongue so than it would have to be a typo

BrianNorth Wrote:I'm probably the only one but I'm more used to hun being used in a somewhat condescending or dismissive manner.

Yeah...it certainly can be. I have seen in used in that context before

East Wrote:Yeah...it certainly can be. I have seen in used in that context before

I feel like that's used more in a passive-aggressive manner:
hun, why don't you mind your own business?
Hun, the world doesn't revolve around you.
However, in context like this it's not offensive:
Hun, how are you today?
Have a nice day, hun.
I didn't get a negative vibe. I took it as friendly but I wasn't sure if it was too friendly...