Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A fundamental misunderstanding has occured
Guys, I do not think that I am better because I live in the South. The reason why I talk about it so much is because I hear people saying that Arkansas is in the Midwest and my OCD status (which my therapist who specializes in ASD told me I definitely have) goes crazy because I do not want to live in the Midwest and I feel the urge to drop out of college and move to another state if Arkansas is in the Midwest. I check and check and check to make sure Arkansas is in the South, and that's what you're seeing.

If you want to think of me as some satanic freak, go ahead. It's not like that's new to me.

Do you want to know why I get so dogmatic? You already know. A key element of Asperger's is a difficulty tolerating opposing opinions.

By the way, I do have OCD. I obsess up to the point where I am almost panicking about it and I check constantly.

My best friend lives in Arkansas and I can assure you that it is indeed in the south. She speaks with a definite twang, eats all of the stereotypical southern foods, lives in a dry county, and definitely has that southern charm. Besides that the all-knowledgeable Wikipedia says that the US Census Bureau classifies Arkansas as a southern state. I think you're good!

Rosie Wrote:My best friend lives in Arkansas and I can assure you that it is indeed in the south. She speaks with a definite twang, eats all of the stereotypical southern foods, lives in a dry county, and definitely has that southern charm. Besides that the all-knowledgeable Wikipedia says that the US Census Bureau classifies Arkansas as a southern state. I think you're good!

I know that I should be fine, but for some reason I keep thinking that most people don't know it's in the south

So you couldn't post this in your other thread? This is exactly what I was talking about. You keep repeating yourself and it gets really old.

If this calms you down, I've always heared Arkansas is in the South....whenener I watch someone on tv who is from Arkansas, they have the ussual Southern accent...mind you, I'm not American, so I have to go from external sources.

I don't understand your aversion to the Midwest, or your desperate need to live in the South, because for me, a foreigner, the WHOLE of US is always presented to the world as "number one"....I would think that just being American is something good if we go on that context...

Anyway, I found several maps depicting Midwest and they all look like this

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYXy3i9EPuylTcdtrCBIW...oJcB-b5etM]

As you can see Arkansas is depicted as a Southern state...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvp5kZsLkqZHvB3LBKR_S...ulwvzS5bXN]

now, get your gear down, try to relax and make an attempt to fight OCD behaviours otherwise you'll always live in stress.

my best to you

Yes there is a fundamental misunderstanding here.

The misunderstanding is that you believe that these issues are get out of social responsibility free cards.

They are not.

I know exactly what OCD is, I also know that one can break obsessions and compulsions - no maybe not all of them, and definitely not break out of the OCD thing completely - but you can be highly functional, and break the chains that imprison you to specific obsessions or compulsions.

How do I know, because I have been there, I have broken through many chains, and yes to a certain degree I obsess and have a few compulsions which I 'deal with' in silence today. So I'm not going to lie and tell you OCD will be cured. It won't.

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/obsessiv...er_ocd.htm is one such site that goes to great length to explain what one can do to treat the symptoms. Yes I know the source is incurable, but the symptoms are manageable (at best). The symptoms are what we obsesses on, how we obsess and how we think and feel about the obsession.

This posting on the subject over and over again is not helping, if anything it is feeding the obsession. Stop feeding it, start breaking this chain.

28 years ago I knew a young man who was pretty much like you. Back then that young man needed a serious ass planing and no one stepped forward to do that. He went on to drink massive amounts of alcohol and massive amounts of drugs. Instead of getting himself to actually work on his 'issues' he delayed and wrecked a large chunk of his life.

He took the hard road to figure out that excuses don't fly.

I'm trying to save you from about a decade of bad choices and being stuck when you can actually excel and become more than the sum of your programing.