Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gut Feeling
Famous last words, "I should have trusted my gut."

Maybe you call it vibes, gut feeling or instinct. Have you ever got really strong vibes or gut feeling about someone (good or bad)?

There have been times where I get this vibe off people that they're trouble, like something is wrong, can't say what it is..kind of freaks me out. Sometimes I find out the hard way that I should have listened to my gut, seems to happen more often. I am learning to listen to it more often.

I can't always explain why or where the feeling comes from, perhaps it's non-verbal, or perhaps there is something else at work? I've got very strong vibes from people I never met face to face and sometimes that feeling has kept me from it (and at least once, good that I didn't).

What is your encounters with vibes been? How do you think it works and is it accurate?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I experience the opposite Tongue my gut would telling me not to do something then I find out it was wrong. It had gotten to the point where I do the opposite of what my gut tells me. I  got to get that thing recalibrated.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

(07-28-2020, 07:11 PM)ceez Wrote: I experience the opposite Tongue my gut would telling me not to do something then I find out it was wrong. It had gotten to the point where I do the opposite of what my gut tells me. I  got to get that thing recalibrated.

Well that is true and if you choose not to do something because of your gut feeling...were you right? I do wonder how many times that's happened to me and been wrong. I do think sometimes I make a choice that was wrong and felt wrong but did it anyway...other times I didn't and should have.

That does make me wonder if intuition is something measurable or not?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(07-28-2020, 07:11 PM)ceez Wrote: I experience the opposite Tongue my gut would telling me not to do something then I find out it was wrong. It had gotten to the point where I do the opposite of what my gut tells me. I  got to get that thing recalibrated.
I think that gut feeling is often fear based. I’m afraid to do something and my gut is telling me not to, but when I override the gut feeling everything works out well. 

However, when I can’t make up my mind whether to do/go/eat/read/watch/etc choice A or B, I make a pro and con list and if I still can’t decide, I toss a coin. Then I listen to my gut whether I’m happy or disappointed with the result and do what got me the happy feeling.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

my gut feeling is keep every one at a barge pole length till they earn anything better , my gut feeling is everyone will screw you, fuck you over, lie or cheat ...pretty much covers it

(07-28-2020, 11:24 PM)matty7 Wrote: my gut feeling is keep every one at a barge pole length till they earn anything better , my gut feeling is everyone will screw you, fuck you over, lie or cheat ...pretty much covers it

It is unfortunate, but yes, a lot of people will do that....sometimes people to it deliberately, sometimes things go sideways.

That being said, are you ok? Or were you just making a general statement?

Getting back about gut feelings. I feel like there's two categories....one is where you get a gut feeling without any knowledge of whatever it is, a person, a thing, etc. The other is when you meet someone for example and have had sometime. This is where I think some of this non-verbal, body language stuff comes into play. Your brain picks up on this stuff and although you're not aware of it but I think a lot of that gut feeling comes from that stuff. So I think it you have met someone, spent a little time with them and you feel something is off...there might be. When it comes to stuff like text messaging, I think it is a lot harder to tell what someone's motive is, are they good, bad, etc.

Might actually bother to do some googling tomorrow and discuss this thought bubble further...
Check out my stuff!

I suspect a lot of stuff going on subliminally. Our brains can process a lot of information of which we are not conscious. I think all the senses come into play as well. Some senses are probably a lot more active than we realise.

Some interesting discussion here...

[-] The following 1 member Likes kindy64's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

@"kindy64" I watched that video and a couple others. It seems people often get "gut feelings" to do something in these videos rather than not to do something...or perhaps I am fixating on the times where I my gut says not to do something. I do find it interesting how the brain is involved in decision making. Sometimes though I feel that my gut feeling doesn't speak loud enough, or perhaps I just ignore it at times, or perhaps I don't think enough on it or too much at other times.

Years ago this guy hit me up on Grindr, acted like he was into me and he was a bit younger than I was and I had that gut feeling, but I ignored it at first. Once he had me over at his place he divulges that he has a boyfriend who is out of town. We didn't have sex, fortunately, and I don't recall everything from that evening but I know I left. I ended up cutting him off after a while but before I did he tried to invite himself over to my house (which I didn't do) and then says that he and his boyfriend want to come over. Mind you he's not telling me why or whatever, just all out of the blue. I know something is not right with this. I got a really bad feeling and just blocked him and his boyfriend from every imaginable source...phone, facebook, instagram, whatever I could find them on. Now, you might think I was trying to hook up with a guy who already was taken, let me assure you I had no idea that he had a boyfriend. If they were wanting a threesome or something they didn't make that known although I would have declined. I mean it was clear and obvious something wasn't right but that was one of those times where I basically panicked and glad I didn't go down that road.

I suppose I could have been a whore if only I made more bad choices....
Check out my stuff!