Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A hate crime in Latvia.
There are no words! Sad
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.
[-] The following 1 member Likes andy's post:
  • Tjemka88

Another article in English if someone's interested.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/non-dis...ks-latvia/
[-] The following 3 members Like Tjemka88's post:
  • Bookworm, Cridders88, InbetweenDreams

(04-25-2021, 05:57 PM)Tjemka88 Wrote: A few days ago a terrible hate crime happened in my country. Unfortunately, there are no news articles in English that I could find, but basically, a gay man had flammable liquid poured over him and set on fire. He has almost 100% body burns and is currently in the ICU, fighting for his life. His boyfriend who tried to put the fire out also got severe burns and is also in the hospital. This happened after several threats of killing them were made to the couple that police refused to investigate as they saw no reason to do so. Now they have started an investigation, but it's going way too slow. 

Please, take a moment to pray for the recovery of these young men who haven't done anything wrong other than being together.
Horrifying. I wonder if religion or some other form of homophobia was involved.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Karl Rand's post:
  • Tjemka88