Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A hookup wanting to stay friends
As [MENTION=20947]MikeW[/MENTION] says, I would have talked to him about it, even the feeling that it's slightly unnerving or weird. What is the reality of your situation is that you are unlikely to be able to connect a lot physically, rather than through virtual forms of connection, so maybe you should just enjoy that you have a good relationship on another level with him. That is if you don't find it too time consuming.

This first hook-up might also be the beginning of a more serious relationship. Relationships that aren't one-night stands do have to develop from somewhere, after all, don't they? They don't just happen without there being some input on both sides of the relationship, whether you are physically close or in a long distance relationship.

Some long distance relationships (more serious ones, let's say, than a casual friendship) do thrive from the distance and the constant coming together, parting from each other. Others are quite unsustainable because the physical presence of the other is just too sparse and the need for physicality prevails.

The other thing that would take its toll on such a relationship would be accepting to differentiate the relationship and the libido, the need for closeness and sex, which might sometimes get in the way through displays of jealousy. Many couples find a way to deal with that, but some couples lose themselves to possessiveness and jealousy..

Actual friends don't mind that you are having a romantic and sex life outside of their personal existence, so this relationship might well be an interesting one to pursue. Are you up for it? Remember, however, that if you ever do start a relationship with someone else, that new person in your life might not take it well that you have (had) such a relationship, and might ask you to stop connecting with your ''hook-up friend''. It would then make sense to explain it to said friend.