Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little cofession
That's a big wish list Pilgrim,

You're going on the assumption that these parents are smart, clever and savvy simply by the fact that they've managed to have children. I agree this is how it SHOULD work, but the sad thing is that having a child doesn't come with a manual. Nor does having a child, for the majority, make a person wiser or more capable.

Idiots just turn into idiots with children. Plus, more often than not, the human species being what it is, parents resent the choices their children make, especially if they better themselves OR do things that make their parents look bad. If you're very lucky you end up with the kind of parent you describe. The vast majority are just average people dealing with problems as best they can.

I know as a child it's hard to think this way because we like to think of our parents as these people who have al the answers...but very often they don't even understand the questions.

yes you are right... it was really a wishlist more than describing reality. as for parents having the answers, i believe they don't need to have them, as long as they are willing to work with their children to get to them. like in any relationship, you can only learn through communication...

i think i am one of the lucky ones with my mom here. Confusedmile:

Too true,

My mom is a dream and lives for her kids, my father is a total shit. My sister hand her husband are the perfect parents. So great to watch. Planned, saved, make sure they talk and teach and involve the kids... It's amazing to watch. My bothers youngest looked at my sisters baby when she was born and said "You're going to be the luckiest baby in the world".

My brother has five by four different wives and is a complete wanker. Drunk, uneducated, loud and insensitive. It's so sad to watch all these little kids and know their lives will be so much less than what they should have been.

I have a very god friend of mine who was nothing but an..after thought for is parents. I used to think abuse was the worst thing you could do, but what he got was maybe worse. They ignored him. All the time. Like he wasn't even there. If he was watching tv, they'd come home, walk into the room without speaking to him, turn off the tv, the light and walk out...without even seeming to notice. Just one example.

Some people change for the better after they have kids, a lot just stay the same as before, now just with a extra burden. Some resent the kids and get even worse!

Go home and kiss your mom! ;-)

Wow

I am at work and also starving so i wont write much but i like what you guys saying! Very interesting:biggrin:

And you are not much off topic ... Parenting, education, up brining and prejudice are somehow quite relative to be free from inhibitions be more open to and in touch with ourselves.

(Gosh i cant type anymore i need foooooooood!)

Exactly Spoty...

Imagine how nice the world would be if children weren't taught the prejudices of their parents. Another thing we can thank bad parents for. I was just also reading a article on ten suicide and how parents reactions to their coming out very often trigers at least attempts. Really sad.

Pocket i didnt say yet thanks for your first reply on this thread. Wink
The song you gave me i listen to it 2 days now on my ipod! I dont need to say more , if i have something on my ipod must be good! lol I was just kicking myself when i saw it is actually from the goo goo dolls! Another song i like from them , probably their most popular song, is IRIS .

michael, i can't go home and kiss my mom until next mid-year :frown: *sigh* i do talk to her on the phone of course...

and spoty, i'm happy you like the song! :biggrin: it was sort of my theme song for a while and it's still going strong right at the top of my list. it was on the "treasure planet" soundtrack, played only by johnny of the goo goo dolls. it has so much positive energy and feeling of freedom! and whaddya know, guess what my favourite goo goo dolls song is? Wink (yep, iris!) also, black balloon and name are cool.

i have another song of a similar theme to i'm still here if you'd like, even if it's quite different musically, darker. Confusedmile:

Michael Wrote:Exactly Spoty...

Imagine how nice the world would be if children weren't taught the prejudices of their parents. Another thing we can thank bad parents for. I was just also reading a article on ten suicide and how parents reactions to their coming out very often trigers at least attempts. Really sad.

Indeed , prejudices pass from generation to generation untill there is one person in the family that take all the prejudices down with of course a price to pay. Progress in any level comes with a price.
Good parents can have prejudices too. they often have to teach their children what way of behaving they believe is socially acceptable which can be good manners and advanced thinking combined with prejudices and taboos. And this because they are overprotective which is not a good thing but they mean well. I have been lucky to have good parents although they and most of my family can easily suffocate me. Its seems like so difficult to find the right balance doesnt it?

pocket_pilgrim Wrote:i have another song of a similar theme to i'm still here if you'd like, even if it's quite different musically, darker. Confusedmile:

And the movie that Iris was the soundtrack is good too, City of Angels i think is its title isnt it? With Meg Ryan and Nicholas Cage.
Oh i never say no to music if it is not trouble :biggrin:

spotysocks Wrote:And the movie that Iris was the soundtrack is good too, City of Angels i think is its title isnt it? With Meg Ryan and Nicholas Cage.
Oh i never say no to music if it is not trouble :biggrin:

yes, i liked that movie too. the sad ending was somehow appropriate... what i liked most was the part when angels listened to people's thoughts in the library, that was so nice, all the novels, poems!... it's what makes us human! lovely.

say, we should have a proper movie night, popcorn and everything!! Laugh1 i'll bring the blankets Wink

as for the song, here it is. darker as i said Confusedmile: http://download.yousendit.com/488707F3685E1125