Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A man found a mysterious note in an airport
This might be of help to some of those who find themselves in an abusive relationship:

http://inspirational.diply.com/virginrad...-it/120600
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Thanks for the heartwarming post Londoner. Smile

I liked everything until the nameste......

Radbot42 Wrote:I liked everything until the nameste......

Why? What's wrong with "námaste"?

Quote:Namaste (/ˈnɑːməsteɪ/, NAH-məs-tay; Sanskrit: नमस्ते; Hindi: [nəməsteː] ( listen)), sometimes expressed as Namaskar or Namaskaram, is a customary greeting when people meet or depart. It is commonly found among Hindus of the Indian Subcontinent, in some Southeast Asian countries, and diaspora from these regions. Namaste is spoken with a slight bow and hands pressed together, palms touching and fingers pointing upwards, thumbs close to the chest. This gesture is called Añjali Mudrā or Pranamasana. In Hinduism it means "I bow to the divine in you".

Namaste or namaskar is used as a respectful form of greeting, acknowledging and welcoming a relative, guest or stranger. It is used with goodbyes as well. It is typically spoken and simultaneously performed with the palms touching gesture, but it may also be spoken without acting it out or performed wordlessly; all three carry the same meaning. This cultural practice of salutation and valediction originated in the Indian subcontinent.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

My favorite part is that it is a message of strength. Having been in a very bad relationship with an abusive man....it was eye opening for me to see how many people actually expect you to fall apart and become a victim forever....or want you to whine and snivel about what "he did"...

I discovered it was the truth that sets you free...

AS much as I liked the message of strength....If I was writing the letter...I might have included how I saw exactly who and what I was dealing with long before I left and I chose to ignore it...and I stayed anyway because I chose this man for that reason. People who don't think they deserve it on some level don't stay....and probably wouldn't attract that kind of man in the first place....and awareness of this is an important part of the puzzle....

That way.... you never repeat it...

It just makes the person sound enlightened to the point of disbelief. I know people like this and they are more annoying than anything, the judge all your actions no matter what they are or how little they matter.