Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new start!
hey and welcome Smile

Hi there^^

Well, I'm practically an atheist so I'm the last person who could advice you but as far as christianity is concerned what I understand is that its message (bottom line) is: "Don't harm others, help others, forgive others". So I don't see how your being gay could hinder you from following this message and live as a good christian. Remember, sexuality is not a choice. Since God cares about the essence of someone's soul (and thus he is able to forgive even a merderer) why would he deliberately condemned you for something that you didn't even get to use your free will on? Just trust in him. Even if people have a hard time accepting you (we're all mere humans after all) God has already embraced you. So be proud, be happy and of course give love and support to others!
Smile Smile

Thanks sukkkiko! You are right Christianity is about love and forgiveness. The hard part is most christians still judge to a harsh extent. It is sad becuase whenever someone in their ranks deals with homosexuality all most christians do is ostracize them so they don't look bad to other christians. I wish I could just talk openly and be myself but as of now I can't, not to them. Which leads to another issue, I don't want to be someone I am not just so the people I will love will accept me.

Xela Wrote:Thanks sukkkiko! You are right Christianity is about love and forgiveness. The hard part is most christians still judge to a harsh extent. It is sad becuase whenever someone in their ranks deals with homosexuality all most christians do is ostracize them so they don't look bad to other christians. I wish I could just talk openly and be myself but as of now I can't, not to them. Which leads to another issue, I don't want to be someone I am not just so the people I will love will accept me.

I'm sorry to hear that but even if you weren't gay you still wouldn't be accepted by everyone, that's the reality of life. Don't let something like that put you down, after all it's not humans' place to judge who's a good christian and who's not. So as long as you're being true and honest to God and to yourself you'll find the strength to pull through. Sure, it might take a while until you're accepted by the people you care about but you'll have to understand them and work on it together with them, just little at a time. In the end those who truly love you - and are worthy of your love as well - will eventually accept you. Be strong and confident because confidence inspires trust and no matter what happens never lose sight of yourself for anybody.

hello and welcome!