Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question about Bisexuality
Okay so another open question to all of you....

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="3"]This question is about Bisexuality. I have a lesbian friend who refers to bi people as greedy. One of my gay male friends calls them bi now, gay later. I am a member of a GLBT group at my college and the one lone bisexual guy is treated like a leper and I just can't understand why. Isn't the whole point behind the movement to liberate people, to show them that its alright to love who you want to love and f*ck who you want to f*ck? I think it is counterproductive to our goals to have such dissent within the acronym. If men can love men and women can love women, then why the hell can't people love both. To quote Gore Vidal: "Trust a nitwit society like this one to think that there are only two categories - gay and straight."

Okay so here is the question.....why is it that some gay and lesbian people have problems with bisexuals?

p.s. That bi guy I mentioned above is an absolute sweetheart and the only person I can stand in the club. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]Goodness, loving the Gore Vidal quotes and mentions of recent Luxhello *he isnt about to die or something like that is he Cry

I dont get the hate either. I never got the mentality of putting people in boxes AND YOU BETTER STAY THERE TOO!!!

I have been with a couple women. I knew I wasnt straight or even bi but ya fall in love (or fuc!) those you are attracted to for various reasons. One of my ex-girlfriends is one of my soul mates and we will love each other forever though our sexual relationship has ended decades ago.

I do find it interesting how bisexuals define themselves differently also. Some find it very frustrating as they seemingly cant make up their mind.

I also never understood why cyclist and skateboarders never got along. And some peds hate cyclist/skateboarders... JUST TOO MUCH HATE AND TOO MANY BOXES Bunny2 [/COLOR]

i always thought it was wrong to judge bisexuals...they're just like everyone else. the only thing is theyre attracted to both sexes. that doesn't make them greedy.

love is love. though my focus is guys, if i find a girl who makes my heart skip a beat. who am i to turn it away? love, real love, comes along every blue moon.

Gore Vidal is wonderful, I have a few of his books.

But yeah what is up with all the hate. I guess I am guilty of hating the cyclists and skateboarders, but only why they ride in the middle of the road and slow up traffic. Bisexuals have no reason to define themselves as anything else than what they are. I say love and f*ck whoever you want, just draw the line at goats and such. The acronym is GLBT and people seem to forget the B, which is sad since it creates division and hate.

Here is another bisexual related quote that I found amusing:
"Being bisexual immediately doubles your chances of finding a date on Saturday night." -Woody Allen

libertylove4 Wrote:Gore Vidal is wonderful, I have a few of his books.

But yeah what is up with all the hate. I guess I am guilty of hating the cyclists and skateboarders, but only why they ride in the middle of the road and slow up traffic.

[COLOR="Purple"]I found half of his books, that I have read, amazing and the other half really just awful. My fav has to be the biography on Lincoln. It is longer than the bible...

Of course, if cyclist or skateboarders are breaking laws (and we know that motorist NEVER break laws) then they should be held accountable. As for riding in the middle of the road, and I am assuming you dont mean between lanes since that wouldnt hold up traffic, I am sure that you know cyclist have the full right to the road depending on road conditions. This isnt a federal/national law so your red neck state may vary Roflmao Roflmao (and when I say "your" I dont mean you libertylove4)... I think I am in trouble now...

I dont think skateboarders have any rights to the motorways so you are fine to hate on them Twak

back to topic:

Bighug LOVE LOVE LOVEBighug
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]Well where I live in Michigan counts as Redneck so you are not in trouble. In High School we always got the opening day of fire arm deer season off, so that the hunters could have a long weekend. I'd say that is pretty redneck lol.

I guess I'm just and impatient driver and don't like anyone holding me up lol.

Now on topic: One of my other gay friends says he like bi guys and all but he can't date them because he will always be worried if they will cheat on him with a woman. I told him cheating is cheating, I would be just as upset if a guy cheated on me with another guy or a girl, and like I said above, gay guys and girls are just as likely to cheat as bi guys girls.[/COLOR]

libertylove4 Wrote:... gay guys and girls are just as likely to cheat as bi guys girls.
Straights aren't exempt either Wink

I might once have accepted the witty "bi now, gay later" description until I discovered what it is really like to love and be loved by a man. Being bisexual must give you the best and the worst of all possible worlds.

I try to reserve my contempt for individuals who deserve it most, rather than dilute it on whole groups. I do, however, find this a difficult standard to uphold when there are still mormons in this world.

Quote:"Being bisexual immediately doubles your chances of finding a date on Saturday night." -Woody Allen

Funny but true Laugh

Bisexuals may have a larger range of partners but a bigger risk of not being trusted by both sexes.:frown:

Ok then I class myself as Bi.

Me personally I can see where other people come from for example I would me uncomfortable to have a relationship with a Bi person, just due to the fact you cannot satisfy their needs/cravings for the other sex.

But yeah I really dislike my bisexual side, as a lot of the time I find it extremely irritating as certain days I want female and others i want male, and I'm not the kind of person that wants to just fuck anyone I'd rather be with one person for a while Confusedmile:.

On the other hand though I'm looking for a monogamous relationship, and my view is I'll find what I'm looking for in someones personality not their junk.

It's not good to dislike apart of yourself. Your attraction to women is apart of who you are. You can't change it, just like I can't change my undying love for all things male. Sexuality is a vital part of the human experience, and should be explore, cultivated, and embraced.

With the whole trusting a bi person in a relationship, I wouldn't have a problem. I would just trust in the fact that they chose me for a reason. If I find out their cheating, I will break up and move on, but I wouldn't blame it on their being bisexual...I would blame it on him being a stupid asshole and assholes know no sexuality.