Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question about Bisexuality
libertylove4 Wrote: To quote Gore Vidal: "Trust a nitwit society like this one to think that there are only two categories - gay and straight."
How can you argue with that?

fjp999 Wrote:I found half of his books, that I have read, amazing and the other half really just awful. My fav has to be the biography on Lincoln. It is longer than the bible...

Not keen on his fiction (not to my taste, really), but his factual and semi-autobiographical stuff is great. His autobiography is great - if rather long! For easy digestible stuff, go for his books of essays, such as "Sexually Speaking".

fjp999 Wrote:Goodness, loving the Gore Vidal quotes and mentions of recent Luxhello *he isnt about to die or something like that is he Cry

He's getting on a bit now. But he's our poster boy, isn't he? The aetheists have Richard Dawkins, and we have Gore Vidal. A wonderfully intelligent man. One of those people I'd put on the list of "ideal dinner guests".

Quote:I have been with a couple women. I knew I wasnt straight or even bi but ya fall in love (or fuc!) those you are attracted to for various reasons. One of my ex-girlfriends is one of my soul mates and we will love each other forever though our sexual relationship has ended decades ago.
I know what you mean. People fall in love with people, not sexualities. In my youth I thought I loved a few women, with the benefit of hindsight I'm not sure I did. But that doesn't make me a bisexual who became gay. My mind is "gay".

I don't understand at all the near-hatred of bisexuals. There does seem to be an undercurrent of people thinking they are just "sitting on the fence" or "trying to get the best of both worlds". The question I'd ask is, if gays get beaten by straight society, and bisexuals get beaten up (verbally) by both gays and straights, why the heck would someone label themselves as bisexual unless they genuinely were!

kitschcamp Wrote:... why the heck would someone label themselves as bisexual unless they genuinely were!
... and who the hell does it harm :confused: We seem to be adept as a species at creating imaginary monsters with which to scare ourselves.

Bisexuals are just as normal and the same as all of us. If you ask me every single person in this world as a little bit of bisexuality in them.

This is why I say that. If you have some straight friends and you go to the mall with them. Listen to how many times that say damn that guy is hot I wish I had his body I would defiantly get girls with that. Each and every sex judges the same or opposite sex equally. I'm sure some of us gay men have actually notice a woman and thought she was good looking am I right.

However we also know what attracts us sexually. That is where gay and straight come in because we know what we really want and what turns us on. Now with Bisexuals is pretty similar just both the Vagina and the Penis attract them. However you may also notice that one of those attracts them the most but they will go for the opposite just as easy.

libertylove4 Wrote:Okay so another open question to all of you....

This question is about Bisexuality. I have a lesbian friend who refers to bi people as greedy. One of my gay male friends calls them bi now, gay later. I am a member of a GLBT group at my college and the one lone bisexual guy is treated like a leper and I just can't understand why. Isn't the whole point behind the movement to liberate people, to show them that its alright to love who you want to love and f*ck who you want to f*ck? I think it is counterproductive to our goals to have such dissent within the acronym. If men can love men and women can love women, then why the hell can't people love both. To quote Gore Vidal: "Trust a nitwit society like this one to think that there are only two categories - gay and straight."

Okay so here is the question.....why is it that some gay and lesbian people have problems with bisexuals?

p.s. That bi guy I mentioned above is an absolute sweetheart and the only person I can stand in the club.

In my youth I would have described myself as Gay. However, at this point in my life, I would have to say that I am simply sexual. I have slept with men and women, both together and seperatly and I find both quite fun. I do not think that the GLBT community hates Bi-sexual people. I do think that in the strugle for our freedom of identity the Bi community seems to be stradeling the fence and some (black and white types) might find that a little confusing. I embrace a person's right to express him or herself in every way they can. Bi-sexuals are people the same as everyone else. Be who you are.Xyxthumbs

I wish sometimes that I was bisexual but it's just not going to happen. It would make life so much easier when I got sick of guys (the ones that like to be in a relationship and then like to fuck around). Or especially to get away from the guys who live for having sex with the entire world.

I know a lot of gay guys do that too. But I've always wondered what it was like to get turned on by women. I know this is a wierd quetion, but for bi guys when you look at tits what does it do for you? I'm gay and sometimes I guess they might turn me on but hardly never, but it's something I've always wondered.

CardShark Wrote:On the other hand though I'm looking for a monogamous relationship, and my view is I'll find what I'm looking for in someones personality not their junk.

There are many more differences between lads and lasses than just they junk.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I think a lot of people still believe that stupid, archaeic idea that bisexuals spread disease more because they sleep with both sexes.

Also the whole "greedy" thing is a problem for some; a lot of people don't understand how you can be attracted to both. And some think that because you like a wider range of people it means you must be promiscuous.

My only problem with bisexuals is the fact that I fancy one, and he's confusing as hell Laugh

But seriously, I never understand all this prejudice crap :/