Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for Solemboy and Zet?
Hi guys have you read any books by Swedish author John Ajvide Lindqvist? Are his books any good and which ones would you recommended I read? Thanks guys.
An eye for an eye

I've actually never heard about him heh :redface:
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

i read an english translation of "let the right one in" ...

I have bought a copy of his book Harbour.
An eye for an eye

Actually, I have this really weird and irrational bias towards Swedish movies and literature. I know who he is though and a few of my friends have said plenty of positive things about his books. I've never tried them myself though, I'm afraid Smile

Swedish tv and books very popular in the uk at mo - particualy crime/thrillers.

I can't stand Swedish thrillers or crime serials... maybe that's because I actually speak the language and know how silly it sounds when some police officer is supposed to be bad-ass :o

I dont like crime serials or thrillers either, i just notice these things in my periphial lol

I read the original "Let the right one in" and it was one of the most amazing books I ever read. It's extra special because I'm not a bookworm and the story just absorbed me. The movie isn't even as 1/4th as good imo. Worth to try it out if you like horror Big Grin

d3n Wrote:I read the original "Let the right one in" and it was one of the most amazing books I ever read. It's extra special because I'm not a bookworm and the story just absorbed me. The movie isn't even as 1/4th as good imo. Worth to try it out if you like horror Big Grin

the original film bored me to tears, could hardly believe they made a remake! Wtf!