Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question of perspective 2
An Alsatian dog went to a telegram office, took out a blank form and wrote, “Woof. Woof. Woof. Woof. Woof. Woof. Woof. Woof. Woof.”

The clerk examined the paper and politely told the dog: “There are only nine words here. You could send another ‘Woof’ for the same price.”

“But,” the dog replied, “that would make no sense at all.”
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Seems this one has gone over the heads of most people or maybe the humour is too dry.

LONDONER Wrote:Seems this one has gone over the heads of most people or maybe the humour is too dry.

ugh. no. what an incredibly rude thing to say 0_O

did you ever consider that maybe people have read it and just not replied ? or that people don't find it funny ? that does not mean that it's "gone over their heads" at all . it means that people find different things funny and some people might not have found this particular joke funny. ugh.

megumidesu Wrote:ugh. no. what an incredibly rude thing to say 0_O

did you ever consider that maybe people have read it and just not replied ? or that people don't find it funny ? that does not mean that it's "gone over their heads" at all . it means that people find different things funny and some people might not have found this particular joke funny. ugh.

When I post something is clearly posted by me and in the Humour section. If you are so offended by what I post one has to wonder why you open them at all. Do you have some sort of masochistic streak or is it just that you love complaining?

I would suggest that in the future you 1: either don't open any of my posts or 2: block me so that you don't even see them.

Methinks the lady doth complain too much.

she only speaks what 95% of us think

dfiant Wrote:she only speaks what 95% of us think

Wonder where you get your statistics from? As I have suggested, if you dislike my posts so much, why do you keep opening them?

LONDONER Wrote:Wonder where you get your statistics from? As I have suggested, if you dislike my posts so much, why do you keep opening them?

maybe because some of them have been funny. or at least vaguely amusing.

Pretty sure this joke went over my head. Then again, I'm slightly intoxicated.

Woof?

megumidesu Wrote:maybe because some of them have been funny. or at least vaguely amusing.

And you to deliberatly open a post that is quite clarly headed: "Something to offend everyone".

As I said before, you must have a streak of masochism or you just love to complain.

LONDONER Wrote:And you to deliberatly open a post that is quite clarly headed: "Something to offend everyone".

As I said before, you must have a streak of masochism or you just love to complain.

as i quite clearly pointed out earlier , a list of jokes that are there to offend everyone is not offensive , because being a bit politically incorrect is the whole point. i wasn't offended by any of those jokes , i was offended by the fact that you so patronizingly pointed out that you'd edited it so that women wouldn't be offended.

you have posted numerous jokes that were offensive purely because the humor itself was sexist . the jokes in those cases weren't based around being offensive , but included content that was sexist itself.

in the thread about offensive jokes , the entire joke is these jokes are offensive to people.
the joke about the FBI applications and the female candidate killing her husband was offensive because the joke was women are crazy

for example
if i started a thread titled , "racist jokes" , and then listed some jokes about racism or even completely over the top jokes about race , that wouldn't be offensive because the joke is that they are supposed to be offensive.
but if i posted a joke that just happened to involve a black person and described his/her race as being negative in any way then this would be offensive