Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A shoot incident at a gay-lesbian club.
I didn't really know where else to post this message since none of the other sub-forums were suitable for a subject of this sort,so I posted it here. I don't know if some of you heard of this already,but as the title says,there has been a shoot incident at a gay-lesbian center yesterday. It took place in Israel,my home country,in Tel Aviv to be exact. Three people were murdered in cold blood,a sixteen year old teenage girl who had her life ahead of her,and two other men in their twenties. In addition,ten other people were injured,two of them are in bad condition. Acording to the police,the murderer wore black clothes and hid his face. He came to a gay-lesbian center in the heart of Tel Aviv,armed with an M-16 gun,and started shooting all over the place. He later then ran off,and the police is still in search after him. The center where the incident took place is the home for the gays,lesbians,bisexuals and transgender union in Tel Aviv. A teenager that was near by told the press that people were screaming and running everywhere with blood on their clothes. One of the teenagers screamed that one his friends had been shot.

I don't believe I have enough words to describe this heinous cruel crime. I hope that the murderer will be found soon and prosecuted,and sent to a long prison sentence. Also,I'd like to wish the injured ones a quick and easy recovery,and to offer my condolences to the mourning families,I join them in their grief.

It's horrible what happened. My heart goes out to the families of Tel Aviv.
I really hope that the club continues on and that the monster that did this is brought before justice.

Sometimes the actions of people in this world are beyond belief. PA and I are just shocked to hear this. Tel Aviv has in the past been held up as a safe place for glbt people. Our thoughts go out to the survivors and the relatives and friends of the deceased.

A few years ago the Admiral Duncan, a gay pub in London's Soho, was bombed causing deaths and injuries. It has risen from this terrible act and there is a sculpture hanging from the ceiling in memory of those who suffered. Whenever I go to London I make a point of going there for a drink as a simple act in memoriam with just a touch of defiance.

This act is bound to affect a wider community. Hugs to you Ori.

I would just like to add mine to the voices of shock and horror at such a crime being committed, and say that I too hope the murderer responsible is brought to a swift and appropriate justice as soon as possible.

:frown:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Yeh this is pretty bad.. And its shocking that things like this still happen >_<
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Thats horrible!:eek: I hope the basterd who did this is brought to justice. You have got to tell us if you hear anything else about it...please.Cry I feel so sorry for the families of Tel Aviv.:frown:

Well,the police claims they have a lead,but they refuse to reveal it. I'm pretty certain it won't be long until the murderer will be brought to justice. So far,people are still trying to get over the shock of what happened. A few parlament members (our parlament house is called Kneset) have already commented on the subject,and stated that the police will do everything withing their power and autherity to capture and arrest the murderer as soon as possibe. Another parlament member,formerly the minister of education,stated: "I don't who the murderer is,but I know that something very bad is happening in our society". She added that this is the time for all parents,parents to gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender children,to step up,support and accept their kids,no matter what their sexual indentity is. I wil of course keep you updated as soon as I hear anything. Thank you all for your support,I'm sure the families in Tel Aviv would have appreciated it as well.

THANK YOU!Confusedmile:

Indeed Ori, I was shocked to hear the news, as Marshlander put it. It's a real shame to think that being gay is still pretty unsafe in quite a lot of countries... Would you say that there are too many guns available in your country? I think the population, a bit like the United States, is heavily armed... which probably doesn't help when some mad person decides to take other people's lives on a whim, or religious crusade. My heart goes out to the families mourning their kids and to the people who were hurt or wounded. Good luck to all,and to you, Ori...

Twazzle Wrote:Yeh this is pretty bad.. And its shocking that things like this still happen >_<

Twazzle, you've also got to remember that being gay is death penalty material in many countries around the world still... so it's not a safe thing to be or to admit in many places. Of course, I agree with you that it's maybe all the more shocking when it happens in a country that doesn't condemn homosexuality and where you think it ought to be safe.

Here's a BBC coverage of the incident:

the ITN coverage:

and the protest that took place afterwards: