Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A short joke and replies
This was posted on another forum to which I belong and the replies it received are almost as funny as the joke:

For his birthday, little Joseph asked for a 10-speed bicycle. His father said 'Son we'd give you one but the mortgage on this house is £280,000 and your mother just lost her job. There’s no way we can afford it.'

The next day the father saw little Joseph heading out the front door with a suitcase. So he asked 'Son where are you going?' Little Joseph told him;

'I was walking past your room last night and heard you telling mum you were pulling out. Then I heard her tell you to wait because she was coming too.

And I'll be damned if I'm staying here by myself with a £280,000 mortgage and no bloody bike!

First reply: I don't get it . . . Not that I don't understand, - - I just don't get it.

Second reply: British humor is......well.........a bit "different". But I thought it was funny, in a rather subtle way.

Third reply: Mum and dad where having sex

Fourth reply: I understood the joke; that is, I realize what THEY (mum and dad) were doing. What I don't get is just that, the sex. (But I do have a few good memories from years gone by...)

Fifth reply: You do remember what a bicycle is, don't you?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Not exactly the fnniest thing out there..but entertaining enough..

I don't get what people are confused about, though