Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A spanner in Brexitier's works
The complexities of British law:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/theresa-may-no...00267.html
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I don't get why this is even happening, the EU can't wait for us to trigger article 50 and leave the union at last. I'm tired of the remoaners constantly battling a democratic vote, this is effectively using the legal system to claim some form of dictatorship over the UK.

CorsacReborn Wrote:I don't get why this is even happening, the EU can't wait for us to trigger article 50 and leave the union at last. I'm tired of the remoaners constantly battling a democratic vote, this is effectively using the legal system to claim some form of dictatorship over the UK.

Look I'm not even sure whether or not we should leave the EU. But leavers really get on my tits with this moral high-ground bullshit.

The leave campaign won the referendum by lying through it's front teeth and whipping bigots up into a racist frenzy. Their victory was accompanied by a surge in hate crimes.
But now they turn around and say. "Aww you're not playing fair, just give up and respect the rules."

Fuck that!
You don't get to gouge someones eyes then complain that they're fighting dirty.

I am for staying in - no one seems to listen to the people who voted to stay in. Why not have a U.K. Split between the leave and remain and have a 2 tiered Britain

I'm in the remain campaign also. I admit that immigration is a problem but it's an EU wide problem that most EU countries need to address. The free movement of people is all very well but it has meant the influx of people who have no intention of working and every intention of trying to live off the State. There is a very simple solution: If you want to live or work in another country you must prove either 1: that you have sufficient resources to support yourself or 2: that you have a genuine work contract. It would be comparatively simple for all EU countries to agree on.

It is ridiculous for the UK to turn its back on its biggest trading partner. The effects of leaving are already showing. The pound has fallen in value by 17%. That's a good thing for British exports but the rise in prices is not. This can be seen in the recent "war" between Tesco and Unilever.

coolchat Wrote:I am for staying in - no one seems to listen to the people who voted to stay in. Why not have a U.K. Split between the leave and remain and have a 2 tiered Britain

How on earth would that work ? I don't think the EU regulations would allow for there to be two tiers in the system...

LONDONER Wrote:I'm in the remain campaign also. I admit that immigration is a problem but it's an EU wide problem that most EU countries need to address. The free movement of people is all very well but it has meant the influx of people who have no intention of working and every intention of trying to live off the State. There is a very simple solution: If you want to live or work in another country you must prove either 1: that you have sufficient resources to support yourself or 2: that you have a genuine work contract. It would be comparatively simple for all EU countries to agree on.

It is ridiculous for the UK to turn its back on its biggest trading partner. The effects of leaving are already showing. The pound has fallen in value by 17%. That's a good thing for British exports but the rise in prices is not. This can be seen in the recent "war" between Tesco and Unilever.

You might as well say that it's a worldwide problem in fact. It's not just the EU that's targeted as a magnet attracting migration, other countries that are living in better standards of living are all more attractive than the poorer countries, or those that are in conflict zones. Then, there's also global warming that is starting to have effect on flood zones etc... We can't blame people for wanting to live in safe areas.

Thanks [MENTION=1766]princealbertofb[/MENTION]. I was concentrating on migrants from EU countries who come to the UK legally but add nothing to our society. Immigration from poor or war torn countries is something completely different. Some countries like Canada for example, can and do accept them but one has to remember the the UK is a small island with a population nearing 70 millions and we already have a tremendous housing shortage.

LONDONER Wrote:Thanks @princealbertofb. I was concentrating on migrants from EU countries who come to the UK legally but add nothing to our society. Immigration from poor or war torn countries is something completely different. Some countries like Canada for example, can and do accept them but one has to remember the the UK is a small island with a population nearing 70 millions and we already have a tremendous housing shortage.
Yes that is true. But the housing shortage is not just in the UK. We are having a housing shortage here too, but no French person or British person wants to be a builder anymore. So maybe we do need people from the other countries to help with that part of the economy?

I have noticed the same people who voted to leave are also fans of Trump.....

You better hope he doesn't get in.....because you probably won't be alive long enough to enjoy your independence. He will definitely use the bomb.....and no one will be safe...