Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A threat to our freedoms as we know it !
Under The Pale Blue Sky

Stop sharia law in Britain

Are other people as worried about all this as i am ?

It took a long hard fight to gain our human rights, it would seem that this particular religious group is intent on taking away.

What do other posters think ?

That first video is so sad and it's so hard to believe that Religion can be so destructive

The second video makes interesting viewing

Philagain : The first one makes me shutter, to think they clam to know what their god is saying. I was thought that anyone hearing voices in their heads then acted upon what they heard, was in dire need of of mental assistance.
The second I applaud.

Thank you for sharing
yar
ray

yar Wrote:Philagain : The first one makes me shutter, to think they clam to know what their god is saying. I was thought that anyone hearing voices in their heads then acted upon what they heard, was in dire need of of mental assistance.
The second I applaud.

Thank you for sharing
yar
ray

I post on a rough and tumble, well known political news forum which has little in the way of moderation !

You would not believe the amount of homophobia that i have received, from mainly muslims, when i would dare to post a news story that has any kind of criticism of their 'faith' I just find it so hypocritical that a minority that complains about so called 'islamaphobia' on a regular basis, would see it as some kind of right to post vile personal abuses, to incite the murder of gay people on a regular basis, where they feel able to because they are never held to account over it.

To be quite honest i wasn't really sure how a gay forum would react to this sort of stuff, we haven't been very political for years now, but i for one feel that it's very important to be aware of what is currently going on.

I will continue to post, to keep you aware, with the moderators permission of course !

Confusedmile:

Star Twister Wrote:That first video is so sad and it's so hard to believe that Religion can be so destructive

You get Christian fanatics as well, but the bile coming from Islam at the moment is far worse.

Star Twister Wrote:That first video is so sad and it's so hard to believe that Religion can be so destructive

Try this one !

Islam's war on freedom

This man tells things as they are !

Ilona Song
First post: 7/8/2008
Last post: 9/10/2008
Total posts: 141
Replying to:

I would not be surprised if SKY get moderators to actively moderate the site... which will only increase censorship. Posted by Rob-Mac

I seriously hope Sky do get some active moderators as this auto-delete facility has been abused so much it is making this whole site farcical!!!

An active moderator does not need to increase censorship, all it needs is well highlighted rules, and sympathetic, equitable, staged enforcement.

Phil Again
First post: 4/9/2008
Last post: 9/10/2008
Total posts: 1253
Replying to:

I seriously hope Sky do get some active moderators as this auto-delete facility has been abused so much it is making this whole site farcical!!!

An active moderator does not need to increase censorship, all it needs is well highlighted rules, and sympathetic, equitable, staged enforcement. Posted by Ilona Song

I have recently discovered a news site for gay people which is heavily moderated.
The only downside with this sort of moderation is it slows down free flowing debate, if each post has to be looked at before it's allowed.
This is something that was mentioned by Sky when they started this site.
It would seem to me that Sky are not really interested in managing this site, would prefer us to moderate ourselves.
I would suppose that we would have to take the rough with the smooth.
It would seem to me that it's a choice between free flowing debate or stifled debate.
If i had to pick between the two i would pick this model, imperfect as it is.

Cry

Thanks for reminding us of these awful events of a few years ago. It's unfortunate that the backing tracking for the video happened to be "From A Distance", with its lyrically sentimental twaddle about being watched by "God". I notice that the Pat Condell piece has received a lot of poorly conceived, often bordering on the hysterical, responses.