Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A very confused SCAMMER
I received this SCAM e-mail supposedly from Christine Lagarde:

Listen if I don’t hear from you for the next few minutes a man from Washington told me that you are dead and right now she is about to claim your Total Winnings Iheritance fund compasaction today and I really don’t know why you are still dalying the delivery of you (Twenty five million united state dollars) Urgently Response Needed Thanks for your understanding contact +19173383455

I think that Christine Lagarde is educated enough to be able to write a letter without ortographic mistakes and without mixing up genders.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Yes, I'm very disappointed in Christine's appalling grammar. I always thought she was on the take though  Big Grin
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

(10-03-2020, 08:31 PM)Bookworm Wrote: Yes, I'm very disappointed in Christine's appalling grammar. I always thought she was on the take though  Big Grin

Go say nothing about her mixing of genders.

The really funny thing was that I actually replied to the scammer to let him know I had reported him to Gmail, and he replied: "This not a scam"!

I've been getting a lot of scams too. It might be a good idea to check your credit report to make sure an account hasn't been opened in your name.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Chase's post:
  •

(10-04-2020, 02:53 PM)Chase Wrote: I've been getting a lot of scams too. It might be a good idea to check your credit report to make sure an account hasn't been opened in your name.

Thanks @Chase, I might well do that.  I get on an average, about 10 scam e-mails a week, all promising me millions of dolllars either as a donation, compensation, a lucky win or the two mysterious unopened trunks at Atlanta airport that somehow or other the sender knows they contain $15,000,000.  If even a quarter were true I would be richer than Warren Buffet.

(10-04-2020, 03:17 PM)LONDONER Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 02:53 PM)Chase Wrote: I've been getting a lot of scams too. It might be a good idea to check your credit report to make sure an account hasn't been opened in your name.

Thanks @Chase, I might well do that.  I get on an average, about 10 scam e-mails a week, all promising me millions of dolllars either as a donation, compensation, a lucky win or the two mysterious unopened trunks at Atlanta airport that somehow or other the sender knows they contain $15,000,000.  If even a quarter were true I would be richer than Warren Buffet.

10 scam emails a week is a lot, it sounds like your email address is being tossed around "the dark web" and wherever else scammers exchange emails, phone numbers, and social security numbers. My phone number for one seems to have recently joined the list of targets. I suppose it's the price I pay for trying to be polite and tell them to stop calling me.

It might be a good idea to start anew with a new email address. It can be a pain, because you have to switch all of your accounts and tell your friends, family, and business partners the new address, but it'll at least give you a break until that address gets compromised. You also want to change your passwords on any platforms that have been hacked. I think one time I had to change my yahoo password because yahoo was hacked one time. My gmail passwords have been okay, but my mom can still not comprehend why dictionary words cannot be passwords, and I've had to help her change just about all of her email account passwords because sure enough, her account and password gets leaked to the dark web.