Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A very confused scammer
Received this in my mail today:

Hello I'm MR RACHID JOE the New Manager of Standard Chartered Bank, Iwant to let you know that we receive an email from a young womancalled Mrs. Marston Dale she said that you died in coronavirus lastweek and before you died in the hospital you gave her the power ofattorney to inherit your fund worth the sum of $2.5 million dollars inour bank and she agreed to pay the Tax Clearance charge for us to handover the fund to her, and we need a confirmation from you as soon asyou receive my email before we give her the access to your fund but if
we didn't hear from you till next three working days, then we aregoing to take the action by handing her over the fund. Remember toreconfirm your Full information to us for Mutual understanding :
Your Name_______________
Address: ________________
Phone Number: _____________
Age and Gender___________________
Best Regard
Mrs. Marston Dale

How do they expect me to reply if I am dead?

Mrs Marston Dale seems to be the one who is claiming my money and also the sender of this e-mail.

Why is it that scammers always ask for your occupation, age and gender?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

@LONDONER I'm guessing this is more a test of just how gullible you are. Asking for occupation would tell whoever is behind the scam whether you're a good target for future scams that would be more professionally done.