Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Facebook conversation...
Separate but equal status is not acceptable. The word marriage has religious and cultural importance for gay people too. There are churches who will perform gay marriages. If marriage is a religious institution, why should the state be determining how people define their unions in religious terms? Either the state must extradite itself from ratifying religious unions, such that every union is a civil one, or they must give equal access to religious unions to all consenting adults.

fr0sty Wrote:It still bugs me when someone says things along the lines of "people WANT to be gay" or "CHOOSE to be gay"....
100% with you on that, my pet hates are the words 'Preference' and 'Lifestyle'

The whole Gays can have Civil Unions and Straights have Marriages is silly.

No, stupid. A huge waste of time and energy.

Baby steps, African Americans didn't go from slavery to CEOs overnight, women didn't go from no rights to all the rights they have now overnight. So if the conservative fundamental idiots will let us have civil unions but not marriages, take it. It's a step in the right direction and that's better than refusing it because it isn't everything we want.

Would you rather be chained flat against the wall or given a 10 foot rope so you could at least lay down, take a leak and sit or stand as you chose? Sure you'd WANT complete freedom but, you wouldn't refuse the rope if being chained to the wall was the only other option you could get for today.

Blue Wrote:Baby steps, African Americans didn't go from slavery to CEOs overnight, women didn't go from no rights to all the rights they have now overnight. So if the conservative fundamental idiots will let us have civil unions but not marriages, take it. It's a step in the right direction and that's better than refusing it because it isn't everything we want.

Would you rather be chained flat against the wall or given a 10 foot rope so you could at least lay down, take a leak and sit or stand as you chose? Sure you'd WANT complete freedom but, you wouldn't refuse the rope if being chained to the wall was the only other option you could get for today.

This. Cool

princealbertofb Wrote:I still think that people who confuse effect and affect can't all be speaking their own minds properly.... Sorry about that rant.

I should probably learn then.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:I should probably learn then.:redface:

Lol, Genz, There are probably other things like ACCEPT and EXCEPT which are almost antonyms (opposite meanings). EFFECT and AFFECT are not quite such enemies. Confusedmile:

princealbertofb Wrote:Lol, Genz, There are probably other things like ACCEPT and EXCEPT which are almost antonyms (opposite meanings). EFFECT and AFFECT are not quite such enemies. Confusedmile:

I love it when people get that wrong on the other forum site.:biggrin:

"I excepted Jesus Christ as my saviour in 1998 ETC...."

I can't help but giggle.:tongue:
Does that make me a bad person?:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

No, just someone who can appreciate a pun (or rather the ironical fact that people are not "getting" it.). Confusedmile:
Sometimes it annoys me, sometimes it makes for a good joke. (at their expense.. expanse? ex pins? ex pence?)