Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Didn't Think Things Could Get Worse
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support. A few people mentioned moving, and I realized that there's absolutely nothing holding me here and a change of scene might be a really good thing. It's something to think about. I'm just going to ignore the gossip, I'm sure another scandal will happen soon and we'll be yesterday's news lol.

Keep your head up, [MENTION=24419]Matt608[/MENTION], and make sure you have a good lawyer. You have every right to walk away from him and this mess with a clear conscience. Cheering you on from here.
I bid NO Trump!

well you have done nothing wrong - he has, and the police now have the evidence and him locked away - let the court case take its course - once your excluded from this shit storm then decide what you want to do with your life - just bare in mind that people will gossip regardless , one of the worst human traits , do whats best for you now mate

Matt608 Wrote:... If one more person says to me, How could you not have known?" I'm going to scream. Well, I did scream - I told the last person, "Because I'm fucking stupid, OK?" Maybe I am. And maybe I'm paranoid, but the feeling I get is people think I had to have known and either turned a blind eye or gone along with it.

I would totally question the character of anyone who would stoop so low, to ask you how you could not have known. After telling them to f- off, I would then turn it right back at them and ask them if they knew, and if so why they didn't tell me or the authorities. I have a special, serious, exasperated tone that I am happy to serve up to folks like that. It's very effective and people understand they've crossed a line that they should never cross again.

The old adage is, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." There's no shame in you being deceived, as you took immediate action when you learned about the business finances, etc.

As more revelations come out, you should take it as simple confirmation that you did the right thing. Don't get caught up in more of your ex's drama, and don't internalize any of the crap being thrown at you by him or the town gossips. You are so above all of that!

Wow, that is one terrible story. Yes this will pass, and you're young enough to build a life of your own. Things will clear and the whispers will die out later, just be strong for now.

[MENTION=20941]Camfer[/MENTION] - Thank you. Actually, his so-called "best friend" knew he was on "daddy" websites trolling for young guys because he came and told me about it AFTER all the crap hit the fan. So the hypocrite has no right to judge me for not knowing when he DID know.

I'm anxious for all the legal stuff regarding our business to be over, so I never have to deal with the creep again.

Is it obvious to investigators that the material found on computers at your office is strictly his material? They are not trying to attach any of it to you?
As for the person asking how you could not have known, I would prepare yourself for that attitude from the police. They are naturally and rightfully suspicious. This is so ugly for you and I wish for a speedy resolution for your sake.

Darius Wrote:Is it obvious to investigators that the material found on computers at your office is strictly his material? They are not trying to attach any of it to you?
As for the person asking how you could not have known, I would prepare yourself for that attitude from the police. They are naturally and rightfully suspicious. This is so ugly for you and I wish for a speedy resolution for your sake.

We had a desktop we both used, and each had a laptop and tablet which were purposed to the business - that stuff was only on his laptop. But yeah, I've gone through a couple long interrogation sessions. The detective was respectful, but it wore me out. I realized he was asking the same questions over and over in slightly different ways - to see if my answers would change, I guess.

I think it helps me that I dumped him at once, threw him out of the house and refused to post bail. The detective said there might be someone else I had to talk to, so IDK. Also, when asked if anyone else had his password, he said No.

Thanks for your concern and support, I really appreciate it.

Sorry to hear this [MENTION=24419]Matt608[/MENTION]. Hope you emerge from all this gunk with better skills at self preservation. Good luck.