Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIDS can be transmitted sharing towels
Cuddly Wrote:AIDS? Transmitted? Firstly, you do not "transmit" AIDS, AIDS is the illness caused by HIV. Secondly, transmitting? WTF ^_^ that's something radio broadcasters and wireless routers do, not common practise for viruses.

when you give a disease you 'transmit' it and when you get a disease you 'contract' it. language doesn't always make sense.

Actually it all makes perfect sense. To wit and thanks to Dictionary.com:

1275-1325; (noun) Middle English (< Anglo-French) < Latin contractus undertaking a transaction, agreement, equivalent to contrac-, variant stem of contrahere to draw in, bring together, enter into an agreement ( con- con- + trahere to drag, pull; cf. traction ) + -tus suffix

Similarly transmit is from Latin meaning to send over.

Dictionaries that give the derivation of words are so much fun!
I bid NO Trump!

I am clearly an idjit and can't figure out how to get the Youtube imbed tag to work, but this is a funny/angry song about Pat Robertson by singer/songwriter Kenny White.

http://youtu.be/CsiKTZlk0sI

I like Joel Ostein on TV. Joel says Jesus will forgive anything if you ask Jesus for forgiveness.

"Hey, Joel, I just shot your dorky wife to death in the lobby. I immediately asked Jesus for forgiveness. Jesus said your wife is ugly and it was OK with him that I shot her. Do you mind if I use a 50 calibre machine gun to mow down your audience. Jesus said your listeners were so fucking stupid they might enjoy it."

"That's wonderful. Make your check payable to the Dumb Sons of Jesus Fund here in Texas, USA."

"Joel, I will give $5 for a blowjob. Will you deliver on air?"

"Of course I can. Jesus will forgive me for anything."

I love old time religion. People gave money to the church and allowed their children to starve.