Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ALMOST PROFESSIONAL
I bought a piece of highly collectable "Ruska" stoneware made by Arabia of Finland.  Collectable because manufacture ceased n 1960.  I wanted to send a photo to a friend of mine and took a quick snap with my small Canon P&S.  I was astonished by the quality of the photo.  I almost looks like a shot that  could be used in an advertisment.

It jus goes to show that one doesn't have to be a professonal photographer with massively expensive equipment to achieve good results.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams
[-] The following 2 members Like LONDONER's post:
  • Bhp91126, seeking

Hurrah for Arabia! I have a few pieces that were my mother's china. Ittala now distributes them,, though the color seems not to be available currently. Good stuff. And interesting.
I bid NO Trump!

It does look like a photo you would see on a site or in a catalog.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

(10-01-2020, 12:50 AM)CellarDweller Wrote: It does look like a photo you would see on a site or in a catalog.

Yes @CellarDweller, even I was surprised by how it came out and you echo my thoughts exactly.

I don't think you could have got the focus any better. That's usually what I have trouble with on macros, the focus is just off just enough to drive me crazy.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(10-01-2020, 12:43 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: I don't think you could have got the focus any better. That's usually what I have trouble with on macros, the focus is just off just enough to drive me crazy.

It was pure luck @InbetweenDreams.  I'm no photographer and my snaps are always taken with a small P&S