Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANTI Holidays
megumidesu Wrote:technically , the word "holiday" originates from "holy day" , and so does have a religious meaning . obviously when you talk about "going on holiday" it doesn't have the same religious connotations , but there are lots of words that have more than one meaning ~

although you could argue that it stems from the same initial meaning, considering travel was always considered a luxury few could afford, if you weren't travelling for business one of the other most common reason people would travel would have been for a pilgramige

Pix Wrote:Since you love Halloween and don't care for Christmas I thought I'd share a couple of these with you just in case they do make you feel a bit better...

If you liked the above then you'll either love or hate this one, not sure:

THANKS!!!
I used to watch that show, loved it. Makes me feel like a kitten again.

Fuzz

I have to agree with the original post... Christmas is always a very depressing time for me so I pretty much ignore it. My dad stepmom and I don't speak, my stepdad passed in August and my mom passed in October... my boyfriend will be with his family. My Christmas supper tomorrow will be a lunchmeat sandwich and maybe some Kraft mac & cheese. I've been deathly sick, and on top of all that we are under a blizzard watch, we're supposed to get a blizzard tomorrow night and there is a good chance we'll lose electricity; at least I have a gas space heater the pilot light stays lit so I'll be warm.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but with all the emphasis on being happy and jolly, this is a dark time for me, and all the Norman Rockwell pictures of families celebrating together just emphasize my loneliness and isolation.

You can't hardly get away from Christmas. I will be SO glad when it is over. Ya'll cross your fingers for me our power stays on. Thanks for giving me a place to vent.