Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About me..
Well... What's to say that isn't in my profile?
Actually.. a lot!
I have recently met my current partner and we are very happy!
But it's hard because we're BOTH hiding our relationship from our parents. My parents are the classic religious parents. My dad is all for the one man one woman for eternity thing. And that's why I'm terrified to come out! My mom just makes me promise that I'm not into guys. I can't make a promise like that, so I just say no. I hate lying and am at the point where I'm about to come out to them. But I'm not ready to.
My boyfriend's mom, I'm sure, will be very happy for him! And I'm glad!
I have told some people close to me that I trust about my boyfriend and I. But I think he's a bit upset that I've told people. So I've stopped. I just want to show him to the world! He's my everything and not being able to show off my boyfriend is hard!
And the time we do have together, as little as it is, is always special!

I think I need more advice about coming out to my religious parents. Anyone?
Please! I am desperate! I don't want to screw up or have them find out the wrong way!

Oh! One last thing!
I'm actually really happy that GaySpeak is here! I think this can help me!

Welcome on GS Smile

Hey and welcome, you'll surely get some good advice on here

That's a touch spot to be in. I imagine you love your parents a lot and don't want to lose them, and for the short term you should be careful if you still need any kind of support from them. However, for the long term I want you to realize that they are the ones with the problem, not you. They are the ones who are going to have to make a choice whether to accept you as you are or not. You haven't done anything wrong and should be just really thinking about your future and how you want to live your life, without feeling guilt over feeling forced to lie to them. It's not a fair situation.

In the end it's in the nature of parenthood to love your kids UNCONDITIONALLY. Here's hoping your parents are able to do just that. They are the ones who will have to do the growing.

And also, welcome to GS!

Hey, welcome to GS Smile

Oh great, a new kid to torment and tease and reduce to tears.

Bwhahahahaha

Someone has to ask. How did you come up with your username?

ah, PenguinPecker, that's a fantastic user name Confusedmile:

Welcome, sir, welcome.

Feel free to ask for advice, ask questions, and give us your input on things.

We're glad to have new people here always (Sooo many new Canadion folks, awesome ConfusedmileSmile

Good luck to you in your relationship! When nthe time is right, and you both feel comfortable, things will gte easier for your respective parents to know

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Oh great, a new kid to torment and tease and reduce to tears.

Bwhahahahaha

Sis on you Bow!

Pecker, ya just gonna have to answer Roo Confusedmile:

Seems to me, your mom already suspects, as the question has been repeatedly asked.

This can go one of 2 ways.

1) Acceptance to a degree
2) Rejection and or ejection from your family.

Only you can judge which is more likley

Make shure that you have a back-up plan in place before launching into the sea, so that you won't be on the streets.

Having a back-up plan will give you more courage as well.

Other than that, when you do decide to open up, do so with conviction. No if's & but's

Hope it turns out well.

Trial by error

Nice to see you found someone good for you but there is no rush in these things just enjoy been togther the best way you can and you will just know when the time is right but untill that time you just have to enjoy been togther and forget about everyone else :-)