Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abuse at work? Ever had it?
Hello there,
Has anyone here ever had some form of abuse like from a customer or work collegue??? Reason i decided to post this is because last friday my ex partner who works for the same company i work for asked a driver to move off the corner of two streets as he was blocking it and it ended up with my ex partner being slashed accross the face with a car key.. Well since then his attacker has been arrested and bailed until march 15th but i thought about this topic for sometime and decided to post it after wind had not only got to our local paper but also is now on the BBC website... So whats the worse thats ever happenned to you at work???

With me I think the worst thing ive ever had done in my five and a half years of being a traffic warden was some guy starting up a chainsaw and decided to use it as a weapon against me... This convinced me to let him stay there and leave the scene quickly lol

kindest regards

zeon

sorry your ex got attacked, thats terrible,,,but as for you - if someone started a chainsaw on me i would have crapped myself - thats way ott reaction just for a ticket Smile - i see verbal bulling at work occasionally against mainly younger new guys if they dont grasp what they are been told - i do and always will stand up to the person doing it - hate bulies - will explain why they are wrong - they always back down,,,bully's are usualy cowards anyway

I bartended through college, I've seen a lot of shit go down. Worst personally for me was more of an intimidation kinda thing, I slept with my manager (never a good idea btw) and then he went stupid on me saying that if I didnt keep seeing him he would fire me. I just quit.

zeon Wrote:Hello there,
Has anyone here ever had some form of abuse like from a customer or work collegue??? Reason i decided to post this is because last friday my ex partner who works for the same company i work for asked a driver to move off the corner of two streets as he was blocking it and it ended up with my ex partner being slashed accross the face with a car key.. Well since then his attacker has been arrested and bailed until march 15th but i thought about this topic for sometime and decided to post it after wind had not only got to our local paper but also is now on the BBC website... So whats the worse thats ever happenned to you at work???

With me I think the worst thing ive ever had done in my five and a half years of being a traffic warden was some guy starting up a chainsaw and decided to use it as a weapon against me... This convinced me to let him stay there and leave the scene quickly lol

kindest regards

zeon

Zeon, re the chainsaw, ... good move!!
Re the worst that's ever happened, I guess, is abuse by a completely unknown woman in Geneva one day when we, as a group, were costumed in our Venitian finery... The abuse was shocking since it was completely gratuitous, uncalled for and out of nowhere...:mad::confused:

Being pinned against a wall for fifteen minutes, by someone who thought my band should be playing and singing Irish rebel songs ... yeah, right.

I used to drive taxis in the evenings, I got quite lot of drunken abuse in that job.

When I was a teacher at a residential school for boys in care (more than thirty years ago) I was stabbed in the face by a fifteen year-old who didn't fancy doing any writing that day. Worse than that was the response of the head who said, "If this boy misbehaves again, let me know and we'll stop his weekend leave." Fine, I'll just go and get my face stitched shall I?

the worst abuse i received at work was when my previous employer (a call center company) deducted half of my 1-month's worth salary. the reason? HR forgot to upload the first half of my schedule in their system for that month. at that time, my father got operated from gout infection and i was the one who buys him all the medicines and all and the last thing i need is an incomplete pay check. i complained and argued to higher management and i was expecting a sort of apologetic response but instead, they just responded rudely and said it's already in the system so i'll just have to wait for another month to credit back to my payroll account. we ended up sending my father from hospital to the house cause we no longer have any money to support he's stay in the hospital.

worst comes to worst, by next month, they terminated me for grounds of misconduct cause i argued with a senior manager. i never got my salary back but now i have a job that is far more saner and who pays very well. i promise to never work in a call center company again especially if it's American-based cause American managers/employers (i hope i don't sound like i'm generalizing) don't pay apporpriately.

I worked in a gay nightclub for 20 years...abuse at work? LOL..every night....

Ha, well I don't have any horror stories about people.

I've worked extensively with animals, so I've been covered head to toe in vomit and feces, been peed on, and lots of bites/scratches.

The worse was an Amazon parrot that practically skinned my left hand. I had a co-worker who once got both her wrist shredded by a cat, had to go to the hospital.

East Wrote:I worked in a gay nightclub for 20 years...abuse at work? LOL..every night....

I tend to find with gay community abuse is usually a case of hand bags at dawn lol... It can be so comical watching a couple of marys having a barny and my problem there is i get really hyperactive on fruit juice and once i start laughing thats it i cannot stop myself....

i'm a prison officer so yeah i get a lot of abuse and intimidation. when i get home safe and sound at the end of a shift its a good day Poke