Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accepting being lonely.
Alright,

So a few weekends ago I went out to an event, I ended up driving myself mostly because it was a last minute thing. So I got to the event, met up with friends had fun, but as soon as the party was over, it was time to go home.

It always sucks when the party is over obviously, but it sucks even more if your going home by yourself, with yourself.

The drive back was pretty long and boring, I had music on, but I had no one to talk to. A few things kind of drifted into my mind.

I felt very jealous of my friends who have significant others who have them to go home to or with. Someone who'll be there with them in bed. Someone who'll get them a glass of water because of the huge hangover you'll have the next morning. Someone who'll drive for you them when they've had a few too many. Someone who'll annoy them to get out of bed so they can get their ass to work.

Then for some reason I just shrugged it off and said, "I'll probably never get to experience that stuff. It's probably something that will never happen to me."

Of course I felt a bit sad and dejected, but then I just accepted it. Is it wrong for me to feel this way? Giving up so early in the game? I don't know after that weekend I've just come to accept it and not really care much about the idea of me being in a relationship of any sort.

It's been years since I've been in one, and the ones in between have never lasted longer than a month. Even the first one didn't last for very long either. So it's safe to assume that I've never been in a long-term relationship before.

Oh well, this is probably my fate and I'll gladly accept it if it's meant to be.

Sorry just thinkin' out loud. I don't really know where else I could post stuff like this to, specially now that I've permanently deleted Facebook :eek:

The time that you decide to give up is very often the time when that certain someone appears in your life.

It happened to me. It can happen to you.

All the best.

Don´t panic ... each cup gets its cover... it takes just less or more time. Never give up the hope ...and very important don´t show that your are a grumpy old man ..wait ...thats me...so if I found a relationship... it should be possible for you, too.

And one day you sit in your livingroom...watching your partner... hear him snoring.. and start to think .. "This guy is growing old ... I need a younger one" :biggrin::biggrin: and in the same moment you can feel that a shoe hits your head... because you said it loud.... thats romantic

Don't give up! Some cute lonely guy near you might be reading your post right now!

I am used to being alone as in no friends, but I am still not used to being alone romantically.
I guess for me, I need either a good bunch of friends to keep me company, or a BF that is both my best friend and family.

fenris Wrote:Don´t panic ... each cup gets its cover... it takes just less or more time. Never give up the hope ...and very important don´t show that your are a grumpy old man ..wait ...thats me...so if I found a relationship... it should be possible for you, too.

And one day you sit in your livingroom...watching your partner... hear him snoring.. and start to think .. "This guy is growing old ... I need a younger one" :biggrin::biggrin: and in the same moment you can feel that a shoe hits your head... because you said it loud.... thats romantic

fenris you are crazy :biggrin:

I kind of accepted this too, part of the reason why is my personality is working against me. I'm an introverted person, I can't dance, and I suck at small talk. plus the nearest lgbt events are an hour+ away from me. and on top of that I get nervous around hot guys and my face turns red :redface:

Dont give up hope man.
I wait for my first relationship like about more than 3 years. I know it feels boring and everynight is like time just stop. Sometimes i pist off about it but i never give up hope. :biggrin:

Thanks for the kind words, but I've already made up my mind and have given up. I'll forever be in the friends-zone.

Being forever-alone isn't such a bad thing.. I guess, lol

Lol awwwww it's okay ;_; I'm almost 21 and haven't even been in a relationship once. Not even close. Never kissed, cuddled, or held hands with anyone, nothing. But you never know, I guess. We can be forever alone together! xD