Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accepting being lonely.
I am lonely like you, and even more so.

It wasn't until after college did I have the "guts" to hang out. I did not have any friends to hang out with when growing up. It was school and straight home. I didn't hang out because I was "obligated" to spend any freetime with my cousins and aunt who lived in the same building as me and practically raised my family growing up.

I had friends in elementary school, but never hung out after school. I had friends in junior high school, but never hung out. I had friends in high school, but never hung out. I had friends in college, and only then did I occasionally hang out - stay after school for projects. It wasn't until only about five years ago did I start hanging out with several high school classmates of mine whom I meet up for dinner every once in a while. And it wasn't until three years ago did I come out of the closet at work and hung out with coworkers after work.

I thought I was forever to be lonely myself. And I still kind of believe in that. I am not out of the closet, and am afraid to date, let alone meet anyone. This past Wednesday, I went bowling with my hot ex-coworker and his other gay friends. I was invited, and I went along with it only because I had never gone bowling before. They were hot, and were super affectionate with each other. And I didn't know anyone of them. There I was, sitting there, waiting for my coworker to finish talking to his friends. I felt so alone over there.

I think I need to open up myself, to be not so afraid to meet new people. I get intimidated by new people, especially good looking men. Why? I went to school with mainly girls in high school and college. I forgot how to make friends with other guys.

I didn't help you in any way, did I? This is to get something off my chest.

It's quite fine :]

I'm glad that you are trying to get out there. I have met a few people who for them it's hard to be social. It's not they're fault really, sometimes it's just cause they haven't been put in a situation before where they need to be social.

I'm glad you've used my topic to vent ;] I hope it works out for you in the future :]

Don't ever give up , you will find someone or they will find you.Heartface

Don't give up hope. Confusedmile:
There's probably some cute Confusedmile: sexy :biggrin: guy with a HUGE Wink well i think we all know what I'm going to say. Somewhere surprisingly close (so close you'll probably be kicking your self)
SO Don't give up

With a huge sense of humor!!!! :biggrin:

i hang out with a small group of friends but I still feel lonely

Aww, don't feel lonely. Someone out there loves you. Patience sucks, but it's the best path. Don't let it get you down.

Welll... you can live with your partner and still sometimes feel lonely :eek:

When you least suspect it you will find someone that will be right for you, never give up on it and you will find someone. I have been single for 8+ years and in the back of my head I am not giving up, don't you do the same :biggrin:

Why would any one accept being loanly???

People do not need another person to complete them. You know people only want whole people?
you still got years to find someone. You should wait for someone that you realy like and they like you back sorta situation.