Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access to Youtube: blocked by Government
i've just realized that youtube finally joined the group of websites which are BANNED in ThE fucking RePuBLiC oF The Sudan ...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

few months ago Hi5 , the site most often used for dating .. for both gays and str8s was blocked ...

wish i was a computer professional to hack all the Sudanese government websites :mad:

i can evade the gov. firewalls but videos will stream slowly plus like here in this forum i have to change internet settings every time i want to watch a video

_________
it's obviously not OK with me !

But I was under the impression that Sudan was a democratic country,no?You'd think that the Bashir administration would avoid any more abuses considering the current situation.What is your opinion on President Bashir?Do you belong to the tribes (I hate that word,very dehumanising IMO,we use the term "people" in SA) that Mr Bashir is accused of massacring?

Love your sig btw!Hey,maybe gaspeak can be a "host" for any YouTube videos that you want.You'll request a vid and we'll do our best to bring it here.We can call the thread,"KhartoumTube"....Yes,I am crazy!

You do realise that that is most probably illegal and would make these members conspiring to commit a crime overseas?

I don't think it is a smart idea.

Dan1089 Wrote:But I was under the impression that Sudan was a democratic country,no?You'd think that the Bashir administration would avoid any more abuses considering the current situation.What is your opinion on President Bashir?Do you belong to the tribes (I hate that word,very dehumanising IMO,we use the term "people" in SA) that Mr Bashir is accused of massacring?

democratic !:eek: are u kidding !
no , i belong to the same ethnic group he belongs to .. my opinion on him is in summary completely negative
he will avoid clashes with the so called international community .. and international community doesn't care much about blocking a website in a developing country ! .. but though u can't tell .. his behavior is unpredictable and can do something foolish ... i once read something about a government official who said they (ruling party)will make Sudan ungovernable country if they are out of the government .. and bashir's regime is using the same tactic to challenge the international criminal court order to prosecute al-bashir ......
i think Mbeki said he is against the ICC order to prosecute bashir cos this will threaten peace process in sudan .. i can't understand the logic behind this statement .. he obviously had all these years and done nothing and its getting worse .. and now his method of extortion is working ..
lol ... as if blaming you of Mbeki stance :biggrin:

Dan1089 Wrote:Love your sig btw!Hey,maybe gaspeak can be a "host" for any YouTube videos that you want.You'll request a vid and we'll do our best to bring it here.We can call the thread,"KhartoumTube"....Yes,I am crazy!
thank u for that .. i tried something to evade their firewall and it works .. just a little bit slow but ok ..

about the signature .. i was opening multiple tabs each with a GS thread .. in one thread a youtube link was not working .. in another thread your signature (IF ITS OK WITH U ) came up .. and it was not ok with me ..

But you have to remember my friend that Thabo Mbeki isn't the president of Africa but of South Africa and we have our own issues to take care of.Is it cruel of me to say that?What role would you like Mbeki to play?

Hugo Boss Wrote:You do realise that that is most probably illegal and would make these members conspiring to commit a crime overseas?

I don't think it is a smart idea.

i didn't mean literally i was searching for a GS member .. give him list of sites .. and then he hacks them ... i was just expressing anger .. anyway

i tried to change the thread title but wasn't able .. if possible then would the Mods change it to (fascism) , i don't want to be responsible of legal issue overseas ..

I for one like the thread title,very creative.You ignored my idea for "KhartoumTube".Is it really than horrendous of an idea?

Dan1089 Wrote:But you have to remember my friend that Thabo Mbeki isn't the president of Africa but of South Africa and we have our own issues to take care of.Is it cruel of me to say that?What role would you like Mbeki to play?
it's not cruel at all , i am not expecting a particular standpoint in this very issue from Mbeki .. just that many political leaders in the world spoke about about necessity of bashir to stablilty(can't see it) in sudan , and ignored that the ICC is accusing him of GENOCIDE and consequently the emotions of victims are not regarded here... when this comes from another dictator its easily explained .. but from an elected president like Mr.Mbeki it somehow dissapoints me ..
may be what forms the opinion of presidents is different from what forms mine .. and since he explained his standpoint by that bashir presence is necessary for stability i ( politically ) disagree with him , not morally

and yes he is not the president of africa, but when he expresses an opinion it will be not just an opinion but the whole influence of a regional power in an issue that somehow affects me .. and i am expressing my point of view concerning the issue , not saying the whole world must see with my own eyes ..