Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acne!!!! D:
I think this is the right forum to post this to.

Acne, I have horrible acne and I believe it's starting to get even worse but my father discounts it as not being that bad. It probably isn't, but he's not living with it. No one... Okay maybe like four other kids at my school, have no acne. Yeah they have a few pimples here and there but I have to be one of the ones with acne everywhere. But what I'm asking is does anyone have any inexpensive ways to reduce acne.

I would see about going to a dermatologist or you could try to google some of the acne products and see which one works best for you.

Hi! Check out Earth Clinic.com http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/acne.html

The remedies there (kidney stones and stuffy nose) have worked fantastic for me...and as for being cheap...I went to the doctor 3 times and spent 2 months in pain with kidney stones...took lots of vicodin.

.....spent less than ten dollars using earthclinic remedies and it was all over FAST..

Looking at your age, you are 15 just about the right time acne hits. The best thing I can suggest from personal experience and is a bit common sense is to keep your face clean by using a decent sponge and a soap with is suitable for use on your face. However do not over do it as this can make your skin worse. Y it being too clean and your skin will produce more oil. Personally I use a facial was that is specifically for menu it's called No7 facial wash for men and it isn't particularly expensive, it cleanses the skin and makes it feel clean after. If you have severe acne and go to the doctor they can usually prescribe you steroid creams and it does work quite a treat. Another thing that you could do is start eating a healthier diet and drink a lot more water to improve the quality of your skin. :-)

hormones in american dairy/meat possibly cause it

soap is bad unless its pure or simple like ivory or something-they add crap that clogs pores

maybe i heard a salt water wash helps

Try to eat as less as possible food that includes porc, animal fat, no junk food like chips and chocolate, burgers and so on. Eat much more apples, pears.... but no citric acid like in oranges. Don´t wash your face with soap.... thats disturbs the natural basics and building of your own skin fat ... wash your face only with chamomilla-tea.
Drink every day a tablespoon fruit vinegar in a glass of water.

If you are strong and brave enough... wash your face with your own morning-urine.... catch it up after the half stream ... means when you feel that your bladder is half empty, thats important to clean out your urethra from old urine- sperm- waste and so on ... This urine is sterile, clean, but contains acids, hormons, Ascorbic acids from your last meals and things the body produced to desinfect and clean himself.

When My eldest son turned 15 he started getting acne.
The first thing I did was change his diet , very close to what fenris stated.

I used Hydrogen Peroxide on his face.
Naturally keep away from eye and eyebrows.

You do not need the peroxide to be more than 3% trust me on that.
After you wash your face with water , do not use soap , do not exfoliate , as you will only spread the acne.

Dab some peroxide on a cotton ball and apply directly to the area.

Keep your hair away from your face , as the oil will cause more breakouts.

The best thing to do is get yourself a prescription for a retinol based cream or gel like Retin-A micro or Differin. These are powerful creams that will stop even the most severe forms of Acne (except cystic Acne).
A milder option is to use creams or gels with antibiotics (as each pimple is a tiny infection).
Cleocin-T is a popular product, I used a combo Erythromycin/ benzoyl peroxide gel
In the most severe cases you can use oral retinols like Accutane, a three to six month course should rid you of acne for good, oral doxycycline also works

Cost wise, remember you need not see a dermatologist, any doctor will be able to prescribe these things. Also cheaper generic forms of all these products are available, so they should be the same price as over the counter products.

Remember to wash your face twice daily with a soap labeled "non-comedogenic" (meaning it doesn't block pores). Neutrogena with Salacylic acid or it's generic is a good choice. The best over the counter products are those that contain Benzoyl peroxide. Whenever you have a choice between a cream or a gel, pick the gel.
Hope this helps-also listen to the above posters about diet, that's not my strong suit (reccomending dietary changes that is).

Check these threads out, a lot of useful information;

Spot/Acne...

Acne Woes

Acne all over

Cheapest way is to cut out dairy. That is what I did for 2 years and it went away completely after about 4 months. It's hard to do for sure. But here are some before and after pics of when I was eating dairy to when I stopped. Of course, it did take 2 years, but it was the cheapest way to go about things.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)