Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acne Woes
Hello there. I'm a person who has had persistent acne for the past few year and yes Im currently trying proactive but in case this stuff doesn't work I was wondering if any gay guys out there or girls lol knew a good remedy to get rid of it. Ive tried putting toothpaste on it for half an hour (Was worth a shot) but nothing happened
Ive also tried stridex pads and those did not help me at all. Acnefree caused me to break out rather badly so I stopped the minute that happened.
So any advice? Looking for a method that I wouldn't have to get more acne "medicine" from a pharmacy unless you know you can swear by it.

Go to a dermatologist. If it's quite bad they prescribe oral medicine which I've heard are very, very effective. Smile

Well, I suffered from pretty bad acne when I was young. I had to go on Accutane, its a really strong medication and its quite 'controversial', but I will say that it worked wonders for me. I have some other minor skin problems, but my acne is nothing like it used to be.

I just went to the doctors and they prescribed me some cream and pills. I don't use the cream anymore as it sucked.

The cream was terrible. It worked quite well, though it made my skin really sensitive and I was told not to stay in the sun to long whilst using it. The pills work great for me. I do get the odd spot here and there ofcourse.

There was a time a few year back when I was really desperate as I was having quite bad ourbreaks around exam time due to stress etc... So I looked up on the internet for some remdies.

Toothpaste; Tried this, I don't think it worked, if anything just burnt the skin and turned some into mini scabs.

Prescribed Pills; Take these, and they work great for me now. had problems in the past but they upped the dossage. (dossage depends on how bad your acne is).

Prescribed Cream; Took this for a year, and at first it did wonders. but long term usesage I was starting to get flakey skin in the hot weather as well as my face having a light burn feel to it now and then. I wouldn't recommend this.

Purchaseable Products like clearacell etc... These never really worked for me and in most cases made things a hell of a lot worse. Some weren't bad but didn't make too much of a difference.

Urine; This is suposed to be the best remedy as there a bunch of chemicals in your urine which is great for your skin. Unfortuantly though, it's quite embarresing. I can't vouch for this method as I was too chicken to try it (my acne wasn't bad enough for me to try it thankfully). But the people on the acne forum were at a 50/50. The 50% that tried it, loved it and said it worked great. Whilst the other 50% were people to afraid to try it and would say it was useless. They said it's better to drink it as well. Personally I wouldn't recomend this as the thought seems quite horrible.

It depends a lot on your diet though. Swimming is supose to be good for your acne. Probably due to the urine in the pool :x

anyways, hope this helps!

keep using proactive and hopefully youll see amazing results like I did Smile

I had to be on a medication but when it dropped to manageable levels proactive really helped me from there

i used noxzema for awhile. though now i dont have an acne problem. though i do break out if i randomly get under stress. SO DONT STRESS YOURSELF

As someome who used to suffer greatly from acne, and still suffer from scars, this topic is great. I had been told that the only way to get rid of them is through time or expensive surgery, so the fact that there seems to be a lot easier/cheaper methods gives me hope.