Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acne - alternative
So i have pretty bad acne over my body, pointless being shameful of it as i have had it all my life but in person i am shameful of it, i will not undress due to it and not been swimming in maybe 14 years. Currently i am undergoing light therapy to help it, its pretty weird if im honest and i have been told of the risks. I actually made the physiotherapist laugh with a situation i ended up in haha. So aside from this treatment there is only one thing left and it is a big thing to take on according to the professionals i am currently seeing.

Anyone else had this therapy or anything they could add?

Are you a big consumer of dairy produce; milk, butter etc.?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:Are you a big consumer of dairy produce; milk, butter etc.?

Nope, i have a pretty well balance diet. My skin as confused many dermatologists, as there is acne mixed with folliculitis. I have not responded to any medication either except for it to make me worse.

I have some body acne...not real bad and I have noticed since I have stopped drinking soda (really cutting back a lot on stuff with sugar) is has started recede some, still there but nothing like it was a few weeks ago. I am also, lets face it, overweight...I definitely noticed I got more acne when I started putting on more weight... I use Neutrogena Body Clear (Salicylic Acid) body wash, seems to keep it from getting worse... When I used normal body wash it was getting pretty bad...

So not sure if sugar consumption would have anything to do with it (a lot of stuff has sugar in it but isn't necessarily sweet), could be a lot of things, could be just genetics too.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I know this sounds strange, but do you have good bowel movements everyday? Constipation will cause toxins in the body to accumulate and will make acne worse. Try taking some psyllium fiber pills with a big glass of warm water with lemon juice daily.

When I was a teenager I had bad acne on my face, so my doctor started me on Cleocin-T lotion (clindamycin), and within two weeks the acne was gone. I don't think I'd use it all over my body though, since research has shown there's a small risk of colitis.

axle2152 Wrote:I have some body acne...not real bad and I have noticed since I have stopped drinking soda (really cutting back a lot on stuff with sugar) is has started recede some, still there but nothing like it was a few weeks ago. I am also, lets face it, overweight...I definitely noticed I got more acne when I started putting on more weight... I use Neutrogena Body Clear (Salicylic Acid) body wash, seems to keep it from getting worse... When I used normal body wash it was getting pretty bad...

So not sure if sugar consumption would have anything to do with it (a lot of stuff has sugar in it but isn't necessarily sweet), could be a lot of things, could be just genetics too.

I actually hate and rarely drink fizzy sugary drinks, plus your other point regards to the body wash, is that i have to be careful of what i use as that can flare me up lol i have to use a very simple soap with nothing in it, also there was a thread about not using soap at all well say for example i didnt use soap it is massively worse. Cheers for your input

Pcolakuntryboy Wrote:I know this sounds strange, but do you have good bowel movements everyday? Constipation will cause toxins in the body to accumulate and will make acne worse. Try taking some psyllium fiber pills with a big glass of warm water with lemon juice daily.

When I was a teenager I had bad acne on my face, so my doctor started me on Cleocin-T lotion (clindamycin), and within two weeks the acne was gone. I don't think I'd use it all over my body though, since research has shown there's a small risk of colitis.

Quite often i do drink a warm glass of water with lemon juice,

starlight Wrote:Quite often i do drink a warm glass of water with lemon juice,

Lemon juice with a little salt added to the water works WONDERS for everything from the completion to weight-loss! I use it as a general tonic, weekly at the very least...
~Beaux

I'm no expert but you should examine your dietary as it probably plays a big role to your acne.

Do an experiment for a month. Cut down all kind of junk food; chips, fast food etc. Reduce or cut down sodas and alcohol beverage. Just drink water for a month. Try to eat clean as much as possible for a month; by all means food from your own kitchen - cooked by your family or you. Consume more veggies and fruits.

The idea is to reduce and to flush out toxin from your body.

A female friend of mine did so to lose her acne on her face. It works for her. Her skin doesn't have acne anymore. Her skin glows.

Additionally change your pillow cases and bed sheet often.

Best wishes.

avoid peanuts, trust me, they are a major cause of acne (arachidonic acid)