Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acute Pancreatitis Attack
For some years I have had episodic problems with pains in my left abdomen and nothing has ever been conclusive....often by the time I got to my Doc, the pain had passed....thought maybe it was spleen but no...

Anyhow, after an acute episode this week....it occurred to me that it might be acute flare-ups of Pancreatitis...and it sure fits the profile.

Has anyone else ever had this?

My sympathies Rareboy...I understand the pain part from having kidney stones but so far no pancreatitus..

I do have a friend who had a gallstone problem and she had the problem ...had her gallstone removed and I am not 100% positive but I think she got rid of the pancreatitus along with the gallstone....

Have you ever been checked for gallstones?

Not yet. I'm going in to talk about this with the Doc in early January....I don't have time to do it before Christmas and now I think I know what one of the triggers is......

I know someone who had such an attack and the doctor told him that pain-wise it was up there with chilbirth pain.

So....are you sure you aren't pregnant?Evil_lol

Rareboy Wrote:Not yet. I'm going in to talk about this with the Doc in early January....I don't have time to do it before Christmas and now I think I know what one of the triggers is......

Make sure they check you for gallstones.....from what I understand they can be related (and very painful)

Also...check this out if you have time...

http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/pancreatitis.html

This website.....earthclinic.com... is a lifesaver for me.....

Darius Wrote:I know someone who had such an attack and the doctor told him that pain-wise it was up there with chilbirth pain.

So....are you sure you aren't pregnant?Evil_lol

Fortunately, my pain/discomfort is usually very manageable although yesterday was pretty painful and the nausea has been a problem for a couple of days. I have been eating leaner today and since I think that drinking more than 1/2 bottle of wine was the trigger for yesterday (Christmas party time fun).....I'll be really careful with the intake of alcohol as well.....no hard liquor for sure and no more than a couple of glasses of wine...I might have to do spritzers thru the holidays.... which is a great way to ruin wine.

With all the yeasts and sulfites, wine could well be harder on your body than clear liquor. I know it is for me. Being cognizant of possible triggers is a good strategy.

Get to a doctor now. It is really hard for a layman to self diagnose. Ask the doctor to set you up for thorough testing and insist on follow through. I hate being sick at the holidays, but it is best to deal with it so that you can have more holidays later.
I bid NO Trump!

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]Get your butt to the doctor. Never waste time trying to figure out weird symptoms that come and go. With a blood test and urine test they should be able to tell you if it's Pancreas in less than 2 hours. Keep on playing things the way you are and they'll be dragging you to an ER in a few weeks for something you could have dealt with now. GO!
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

(this public service message is brought to you by the dummass who waited three days for symptoms to go away after being exposed for 12 hours to fumes from insecticides containing proteinase inhibitors that sent me to the hospital with what they thought was a stroke.)

Unfortunately....my Doc has just left for his holidays and won't be available until January 5th.....sigh....I am going to do everything I can to avoid a trip to the ER.....as I noted, I've been having episodes for several years...so as long as this isn't a blocked duct or gallstones (guuurrrrrkkkk)...I should be able to ride it out for a couple more weeks.