Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Lambert
So, uh, for those who haven't heard of him, Adam Lambert is a 28-years-old American singer, who reached the finals of the eight American Idol. He is openly gay and his looks are very provocative.

One of Adam's most popular songs is:

In my opinion, he is extremely talented and has a promising future. However, he has been attacked a lot because of his sexuality and the fact that he kissed a band member on stage. People, women mainly, said he didn't have the right to do that in front of the audience, that it was too provocative etc. And one of the main things he said was that since female singers can kiss other women on stage just so they can be more popular or whatever even if they are not lesbians, why can't a man kiss a man on stage? That was mostly about the time he still was in American Idol, but still, many people criticize his looks and behavior.

In the video above, he doesn't really act gay. [he looks awesome though] Moreover, I was wondering whether he is turning to a guy through his song. Is he..?

In this video, however, I think he is definitely allowing his sexuality show. And he is stunning.
So what do you think about him? I don't really know that much details about his life, but what I do, I said it. :]

I like hi music... I don't ever really dive into the personality of artists or anything- they're entertainers for a living, everything else is none of our business.

Pickles Wrote:they're entertainers for a living, everything else is none of our business.

Really? Even of you like the artist a lot?

Cheryl Cole was on her death bed- That was the only exeption i think...

I like his music Smile ... as far as his stuff on TV/American Idol/Video i haven't seen any of it, so I
have no comments there LOL

For a pop star, aspiring or otherwise, there can be very little bad publicity. Of course there is always the occasional exception, but they seem very rare.

marshlander Wrote:For a pop star, aspiring or otherwise, there can be very little bad publicity. Of course there is always the occasional exception, but they seem very rare.

Yeah, you're probably right. I decided to mention all those things because they were significant parts of the start of his career and are related to his sexuality...But what do you think about him?

Adam was the reason I tuned in to American Idol every week last year...LOVED HIM! When he did Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" he blew me away and I became a fan of his...I love that he came out and is not apologetic...bravo Adam!

My friend is OBSESSED with him. Absolutely obsessed. From the interviews she's insisted I watch, he seems like a nice guy. But that could be a show for the cameras, so I guess none of the public know the REAL him. He seems to be passionate about everthing he does, he says he's working towards some sort of world wide acceptance of homosexuality... yano, some of the songs he has sing about boys etc. However, his general campness doesn't really help the people warm people who are openly gay. He's creating a stereotype for all of us, and I'm not sure I like that.

He's creating a stereotype for all of us, and I'm not sure I like that.

I don't think he is a stereotype at all. I think he is a unique individual and as we celebrate gay pride...we should ideally celebrate our individuality.... in ourselves and in each other. We certainly can't ask for acceptance if we aren't willing to give it to ourselves and each other. Not that Adam is a drag queen but he does like to use makeup so I will add this...Remember...it wasn't a group of butch men who rebelled at Stonewall...it was mostly drag queens...so when I see a drag queen I have respect for them because it takes alot of guts to express yourself in that manner despite all of the criticism from both straights and gays.