Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adele- 25
Okay peeps, I can't believe that no one on here decided to make a thread about Adele and her new album. This has been four long years for me, because I thought her album, 21, was absolutely epic, although Delta Goodrem still holds the title as the best musician alive, in my mind.

And Hello...talk about ripping out your heart and stepping on it. Anyone else feel the same way?

Can't wait until Friday rolls around so I can get the rest of the album!

I'm actually driving down to Md to visit friends on the 20th (the CD's release date) and I'll be stopping along the way to pick up the CD.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

deltalover4 Wrote:Okay peeps, I can't believe that no one on here decided to make a thread about Adele and her new album. This has been four long years for me, because I thought her album, 21, was absolutely epic, although Delta Goodrem still holds the title as the best musician alive, in my mind.

And Hello...talk about ripping out your heart and stepping on it. Anyone else feel the same way?

Can't wait until Friday rolls around so I can get the rest of the album!

And the themes are still about her ex-lover who she immortalised in "21".

Tomorrow, Friday the 20th, there is an hour long programme with her with Graham Norton on BBC1 TV. I'll record that.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:And the themes are still about her ex-lover who she immortalised in "21".

Tomorrow, Friday the 20th, there is an hour long programme with her with Graham Norton on BBC1 TV. I'll record that.

That's going to be epic! She was so cool when she was in the Graham Norton show last.
Shame I don't receive BBC anymore :/

I will deffo be buying this album.

I've only heard a couple of the songs so far, and it's very good. It's a very emotional album, like I knew it would, but it also gives a glimmer of hope, which certainly was not included in 21.

It's strange that she sings pleasantly enough but when she speaks she can at times lapse in to Cockney that sounds really ugly.

I thought the TV programme was funny at times, especailly the Adele sound/look alikes and their reaction when Adele herself (in disguise) appeared. I hope that her next album is a little more upbeat and we don't have to wait four more years for it.

Got my copy on Friday, love it!

CellarDweller Wrote:Got my copy on Friday, love it!

What's your favourite track CellarDweller?

Apparently she's broken some type of record for a female artist in selling two and a half million copies in a week in the States.

I really like "Send My Love (To Your New Lover)", as well as "Hello".

The record that she broke was set by N'Sync back in 2000. Their CD (No Strings Attached) opened with sales of 2,416,000 actual album sales. Streaming and downloading weren't as big back then, so most people thought that N'Sync's record would stand unbeaten.

Adele's "25" has sold over that figure (2,433,000 actual album sales) in just three days. Billboard Magazine believes it may reach 3 million by the end of Thursday, which would be one week, since "25" was released last Friday.

The amazing thing about that figure is that almost everyone downloads or streams music, so the fact that Adele can get three million physical copies of her CD/album sold in one week is quite the feat. There are some people predicting with holiday sales it could reach diamond status here in the US (10 physical copies sold).