Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adele
Singers-songwriters rock and she is very good at both. I have always felt that there is something special about artists who perform their own songs.

I like the fact that she is plain-looking. A refreshing change from all the blond, slutty chicks topp(less)ing (cheesy, i know, and not exactly true, but just couldn't resist Big Grin ) the charts.
Adele's voice sounds emotional and genuinely felt. Most of her songs do have a blue mood, but i wouldn't call her repetitive because of that. If i wanted to listen to upbeat music, i'd pick someone else, but that doesn't make her any less great.

Eromir Wrote:Singers-songwriters rock and she is very good at both. I have always felt that there is something special about artists who perform their own songs.

I like the fact that she is plain-looking. A refreshing change from all the blond, slutty chicks topp(less)ing (cheesy, i know, and not exactly true, but just couldn't resist Big Grin ) the charts.
Adele's voice sounds emotional and genuinely felt. Most of her songs do have a blue mood, but i wouldn't call her repetitive because of that. If i wanted to listen to upbeat music, i'd pick someone else, but that doesn't make her any less great.

I think she writes from personal experience, so she has that personal connection with her songs.

Adele has a fantastic voice and some great songs as vehicles for that voice. As far as her ability to effect music and/or remain a notable artist, it is difficult to tell as of yet. If you look at the artists who have changed music and remained significant, they did so because of their ability to change themselves and innovate the medium. If she can do those, well then, she has the talent and voice to become a legendary artist . . . or if she could manage to die tragically at the height of her success . . . that tends to make legendary artist too.