Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adele
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Adele is wonderfully talented but she starts to grate with my nerves after a while, far too much heart felt blues type music and not enough upbeat songs from her, we all can feel a little low at times and feel the need for the blues, but we also want our artists to uplift us too...
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I LOVE Adele. She is all around a beauty - to the depths of her soul.

It is my goal to write and make music of this genre. I am teaching myself how to play guitar (a LOT harder than I thought it was going to be), and write music. I already have a few songs/lyrics written, now I just need to get them composed and put to music.....

She doesnt sing from the heart, she sings from her soul - which I admire about her the most. I can only hope that my music can and will inspire others like hers has inspired me.

This was the first song I ever heard by her....after this I was hooked:

Chasing Pavements

Set Fire to the Rain only got to #11 in the UK? Huh.

It's currently the #1 song here in America. Not only that, Adele's two prior songs (Rolling In The Deep & Someone Like You) both got to #1 as well.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Adele Adele Adele.... i love her :X

CellarDweller Wrote:Set Fire to the Rain only got to #11 in the UK? Huh.

It's currently the #1 song here in America. Not only that, Adele's two prior songs (Rolling In The Deep & Someone Like You) both got to #1 as well.

Yes, its true, it peaked at #11. Although, it has continued to sell well for a track that peaked outside of the top 10. The album has shifted over 3.8 million copies in the uk, which is huge considering the album is only a year old.

I can appreciate the comment about her music being bluesy. 21 is a break-up record, its personal. There is the possibility that she may make more of a happier record next time.

I liked Chasing Pavements when it was released. However, it was Hometown Glory that finally persuaded me to buy 19 on that singles re-release in the UK.

Almac Wrote:[SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Adele is wonderfully talented but she starts to grate with my nerves after a while, far too much heart felt blues type music and not enough upbeat songs from her, we all can feel a little low at times and feel the need for the blues, but we also want our artists to uplift us too...
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Haha my point exactly Al, good voice, good at what she does but nothing special about her. She can't do anything up tempo and all of her songs sound the same. I don't really think she's special she's too much like Amy winehouse mixed with Rumour (or however you spell it) haha. I have a feeling her next album won't do as well as she isn't diverse enough. A good talent but nothing special, I've heard it before. :-)

hello,
when adele first came into the charats i thought she was a bloody black woman by her nvoice but when i saw her i was amazed it took a while for her songs to grow on me and to be honest i sing them alone more than others as if its a bloody addiction lol

beats madoonna

kindest regards

zeon x

zeon Wrote:hello,
when adele first came into the charats i thought she was a bloody black woman by her nvoice but when i saw her i was amazed it took a while for her songs to grow on me and to be honest i sing them alone more than others as if its a bloody addiction lol

beats madoonna

kindest regards

zeon x

I suppose it will come as no surprise I am a Madonna fan, considering my username. I appreciate that not everyone will like the same music as I do though, that`s life. Adele has really done exceptionally well on a worldwide scale and its interesting to read opinions from other countries.Confusedmile:

Such a depth in her voice could made an angle cry. A true artist I'd say.
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Actually, for a while, it looked like Adele's career would stall here.

"Chasing Pavements" was going up the charts, and an online rumor started, saying the subject of the song is a woman chasing after a relationship with a gay man. With this "scandal" brewing, "Chasing Pavements" lost airplay, and stopped at #21 on our Hot 100 chart.

The second single ("Hometown Glory") was released but failed to chart.

Her success came at the Grammy awards where she won Best New Artist and Best Pop Vocal, Female. After that, her CD became a top seller despite no smash singles.

Thankfully, the singles on "21" have found massive success here.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!