Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adele
CellarDweller Wrote:Actually, for a while, it looked like Adele's career would stall here.

"Chasing Pavements" was going up the charts, and an online rumor started, saying the subject of the song is a woman chasing after a relationship with a gay man. With this "scandal" brewing, "Chasing Pavements" lost airplay, and stopped at #21 on our Hot 100 chart.

The second single ("Hometown Glory") was released but failed to chart.

Her success came at the Grammy awards where she won Best New Artist and Best Pop Vocal, Female. After that, her CD became a top seller despite no smash singles.

Thankfully, the singles on "21" have found massive success here.

She only had one top 5 hit in the UK off 19 in the UK with 4 single releases. Although, the album was certified platinum in 2008, so at that point people saw her more of an album artist in the uk. Her cover of Make You Feel My Love re-charted in 2010 and reached a new peak of #4. Which was convenient since it raised her profile at the point where she was about to release 21.

When I first heard her voice she reminded me of another British singer...Alison Moyet

East Wrote:When I first heard her voice she reminded me of another British singer...Alison Moyet

That is a good comparison. Alison is also a very talented lady.

Off topic, I just noticed your Avatar picture, I used to love that TV Show.

mdna Wrote:That is a good comparison. Alison is also a very talented lady.

Off topic, I just noticed your Avatar picture, I used to love that TV Show.

Yeah...I love Tales too...I have watched it maybe 100 times:biggrin:

BTW...does Moyet do anything new at all? I saw her on Graham Norton some years back but I don't remember her singing. I love the tone in Moyet's voice.

East Wrote:Yeah...I love Tales too...I have watched it maybe 100 times:biggrin:

BTW...does Moyet do anything new at all? I saw her on Graham Norton some years back but I don't remember her singing. I love the tone in Moyet's voice.

Yes, I haven't seen the show for years now, but loved it at the time.

Apparently, Alison is releasing a new album this year. Her first since 2007.

mdna Wrote:Yes, I haven't seen the show for years now, but loved it at the time.

Apparently, Alison is releasing a new album this year. Her first since 2007.

Cool! Thanks...I have alot of her stuff in my collection...have alot of her early 80s promos as well. I will be interested to hear it.

East Wrote:Cool! Thanks...I have alot of her stuff in my collection...have alot of her early 80s promos as well. I will be interested to hear it.

I don't know when it is out exactly or what label it will be released on. However, she confirmed there will be a new album and she is writing with Guy Sigsworth.

I think Adele is just so amazingRainote .

I love her music, and also the fact that I can somewhat relate as a Musician as well. It's like I can "see" what she feels as she sings her songs. I may not be as talented or famous, but I can definitely appreciate the technicality behind her music and it's simplistic, enigmatic style.

Someone Like You may sound sad, but it's actually the way you interpret the music. It makes me so much more braver and confident.Nopity :3 (<- wish he was smiling :p )

QueenOdi Wrote:I think Adele is just so amazingRainote .

I love her music, and also the fact that I can somewhat relate as a Musician as well. It's like I can "see" what she feels as she sings her songs. I may not be as talented or famous, but I can definitely appreciate the technicality behind her music and it's simplistic, enigmatic style.

Someone Like You may sound sad, but it's actually the way you interpret the music. It makes me so much more braver and confident.Nopity :3 (<- wish he was smiling :p )

How very well put, thanks for posting. An interesting read.Confusedmile:

her good singer but to muchs everwere and only slow ones.not fro me.