Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adele
Following on from a previous thread dedicated to a different UK based artist. I thought I would set up a thread for Adele. She is arguably the biggest artist to break out of the UK in years and her music seems to be ruling the airwaves worldwide. What are your opinions on her music? Could she have a lasting impact in the music industry or do you think she will only be successful with this one album?

I am especially interested in hearing what the international community have to say. I wont open the thread with tons of links, since I appreciate she has been played to the extreme worldwide.

She is incredible , her voice gives me goosebumps, and transfers to a much simpler time .
So clear yet so full of emotion.
Very talented young lady.

Rainbowmum Wrote:She is incredible , her voice gives me goosebumps, and transfers to a much simpler time .
So clear yet so full of emotion.
Very talented young lady.

Wow, that is a good start and that dog picture is seriously cute.Confusedmile:

My opinion of her music: rich, emotional, true, soul. NO freaking autotune. NO choreography. And, she doesn't go on stage near naked. In other words, I LOVE her style.

Lasting impact on industry? I hope so. I don't like cookie cutter pop. I enjoy hearing the nuances of a singer's voice. I think she's going to have continued success.

I love this video, she's incredible and her down to earth personality shines through not to mention the power of her voice! Confusedmile:
Adele - One and Only

azulai Wrote:My opinion of her music: rich, emotional, true, soul. NO freaking autotune. NO choreography. And, she doesn't go on stage near naked. In other words, I LOVE her style.

Lasting impact on industry? I hope so. I don't like cookie cutter pop. I enjoy hearing the nuances of a singer's voice. I think she's going to have continued success.

I love this video, she's incredible and her down to earth personality shines through not to mention the power of her voice! Confusedmile:
Adele - One and Only

Thank you for your insightful comments. I do agree, she has a powerful voice, she connects to the subject matter of the song emotionally and she does have a great personallity. I was going to post her current US #1, performed earlier last year on a British tv show. Unfornately, I havent posted enough here to be able to links yet. The show is called `The Graham Norton Show` if you are interested.

Thanks for the link, by the way.Confusedmile:

Adele blew me away...her voice actually gave me goosebumps the first time I heard her. WOW!

I like her but she sounds the same on all of her songs. xD

East Wrote:Adele blew me away...her voice actually gave me goosebumps the first time I heard her. WOW!

Its amazing that she is managing to touch so many people worldwide.Confusedmile:

DRIMO Wrote:I like her but she sounds the same on all of her songs. xD

A lot of people say that in the UK and I really appreciate your honesty. I am interested in all opinions not just purely positive ones.Confusedmile:

mdna Wrote:Unfornately, I havent posted enough here to be able to links yet. The show is called `The Graham Norton Show` if you are interested.

Is this it?
Adele - Set Fire To The Rain - Graham Norton Show April 2011

azulai Wrote:Is this it?
Adele - Set Fire To The Rain - Graham Norton Show April 2011

It is indeed. Its a shame the single stalled at #11 in the UK some time after that performance. Glad you found it.