Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adoption or the Whole Shebang ?
princealbertofb Wrote:... but surely you don't intend to rape the mother?

... erm ... no ? Not entirely sure I'm following the train of thought :redface: ?

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:... erm ... no ? Not entirely sure I'm following the train of thought :redface: ?

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

It is PA... he is on many trains at once Wink j/k fella :biggrin:

I'm glad I'm not the only one Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:... erm ... no ? Not entirely sure I'm following the train of thought :redface: ?

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

You were talking about mothers who did not want to keep their babies because they'd been raped. Well if you raped the mother of your child, you'd be up against that sort of choice maybe, but surely you don't intend to rape the mother, therefore, why would the child be aborted? That's all I was saying... I think in your case, the child would definitely be born because there's no way it would be born out of rape... (at least, I don't think it would, would it?)Rolleyes

princealbertofb Wrote:You were talking about mothers who did not want to keep their babies because they'd been raped. Well if you raped the mother of your child, you'd be up against that sort of choice maybe, but surely you don't intend to rape the mother, therefore, why would the child be aborted? That's all I was saying... I think in your case, the child would definitely be born because there's no way it would be born out of rape... (at least, I don't think it would, would it?)Rolleyes

Hokay ... I'm really really sorry, but I'm still not 100% getting it - I'm sure it's just me :redface:.

I was indeed talking about mothers that have been raped not potentially not wanting to keep their babies, on the basis that the child would have been born of an act of cruelty and violence, yep - with you on that ...

... but I'm not talking about pressured sexual contact in a relationship - I'm talking about the full-blown act of rape - as in she's got no relationship with the rapist - he's attacked her, raped her, and she has to decide when she finds out she's pregnant whether she wants to bear the child, or abort it ...

I think we might have been getting our wires crossed if you'd thought I meant if the pressured sexual contact (which I dub that as if you're in a relationship it's arguably harder to prove rape than if you aren't) were "within a family unit" - e.g. husband pressures wife into having sex and getting pregnant, why would the child need to be aborted (in which case yup, I can see your point) Confusedmile:.

Does that make a bit more sense ?

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Maybe I was on a train of my own, but considering that you don't like women, I couldn't picture you raping one to get your kid.

Ah right gotcha ...

It's not that I don't like women - just that I don't find them at all sexually attractive, so yeah - it wouldn't be rape (unless she raped me !!).

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote:Ah right gotcha ...

It's not that I don't like women - just that I don't find them at all sexually attractive, so yeah - it wouldn't be rape (unless she raped me !!).

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Unlikely that you'd let that happen, Shadz...

Well, yeah, ignoring that whole small conversation there, I'd adopt, no matter what. I would be older, in my 40s or 50s when I did it, and I would adopt an older {probably 8-11} year old girl. The reasons for that is, by that time, I would have plenty of money to make her life full of adventure and be able to give her the best schooling and such. And by then she'd have developed a personality and {at the risk of sounding like an asshole} I would choose the one I like and get along with. See the thing is, I've always treated kids as equals, because they are no better, nor any worse than me, and that's how I'd raise my child, yet I'd still be there when she needed a father figure, and probably if she needed a mother {another father} as well, since I have no intention of marrying anyone.