Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice for a soon to be 18 year old!
Hello Gents! ( And the few ladies we have around here) I'm having the big 18 coming up soon and i wanted a few pointers from fellow gay men and lgbt members. Out of all of your years living as a healthy gay male what advice would you give me on Life,Sex,Dating? So.. What are you waiting for? Give it to me daddy Tongue3

Be true to yourself
Don't let other people define anything for you
Don't be afraid to make mistakes
Own your shit
Don't pee in someone else's sandbox

Oops...I forgot THE important one...the ultimate get out of self imposed prison card....

The truth will set you free

Yeah...that about covers it :biggrin:

Happy 18th!

Learn 2nd law of thermodynamics
Keep it remember all time.
Like reversing a process need to apply more stronger force than naturally exist . Sometime it might fail to reverse .
Careful about each and every step. In life there are some circumstances where it is hard to step out once step into. Just don't fall in those .
Have fun !!

Lol Big Grin

Never underestimate the power and importance of the almighty condom.

USE FUCKING CONDOMS DAMNIT

And what [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION] said.

Okay so
Life= 1st look up quotes from nurses about people on there death bead and there regrets 2nd Happiness is your #1 goal in life "i want a nice car/house" no you want happiness "i want a job that pays alot" GOD NO never work somewhere you hate 3rd live well below your means if you can you can get used to any living situation with time
Sex= If you don't know about STDs and AIDs I'm going to punch you in the dick 2nd if all you want is sex (you are 17) you might as well be in a relationship you will get WAY WAY WAAAAAYYYY more sex that way 3rd always use protection not only for you but your partner(s)
Dating= 1st love is all about a physiological consent called "Pair Bonding" (google it) here is some advice on how to strengthen that Bond : a 30+ sec hug every time you see your partner (or however often you can see each other but at least one time a day) REALLY makes the bond strong 2nd do something with or for them as often as you can this includes the touching we just talked about 3rd you need to have a times through out your relationship when you talk to each other in a "safe space" where you both remove your selves from the rest of the world for that conversation and that conversation can be about ANYTHING with no retaliation "your mother is a cunt to me" "you don't kiss me as much as you use to" "do we still want to be in this relationship"

you will get more advice im sure from other but those where the top things i could think of off the top of my head

Well, before I can give any advice, I need to know what you're most afraid of or concerned about in regards to you life and future. For sure what [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION] has said. But beyond that, I'd need to know more about you.

MikeW Wrote:Well, before I can give any advice, I need to know what you're most afraid of or concerned about in regards to you life and future. For sure what [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION] has said. But beyond that, I'd need to know more about you.

Not really much afraid of anything. Its kinda like what would you tell me that you would have told yourself at 18. Like a gay father tell his gay son life advice from a gay point of view

Remember this advice:
[SIZE="5"]If you ever decide to try bondage
Find out ahead of time
If the guy collects
Black and Decker
Sex Toys.[/SIZE]

[Image: blackanddecker.gif]

Virge Wrote:
Remember this advice:
[SIZE="5"]If you ever decide to try bondage
Find out ahead of time
If the guy collects
Black and Decker
Sex Toys.[/SIZE]

[Image: blackanddecker.gif]

Gently with a chainsaw?

VirgoMasquerade Wrote:Not really much afraid of anything. Its kinda like what would you tell me that you would have told yourself at 18. Like a gay father tell his gay son life advice from a gay point of view
This isn't as easy as you might think! For one thing, when I was turning 18 (unlike you apparently), I was terrified of "growing up." I was very naive about a lot of things.

There are a lot of things that I know now that had I known them then I would have made very different decisions. But the thing is, I couldn't have been TOLD these things, not even by an older 'myself'. I mean, yeah, sure I could go back from the present into the past and tell myself whatever. But my younger self wouldn't understand, probably wouldn't even believe most of it, but even if he did, he wouldn't know how to "actualize" what I'd suggest.

For example, I might say, "You needn't be such a scaredy cat. There are lots of adults who will help you out if you just show some interest in what they're doing and ask them to guide you." I really didn't like adults very much, TBH, and I sure as hell didn't trust them. And that instinct wasn't all bad, either. However, by the time I was 19 to 20 I'd already begun to discover a few exceptional adults that truly helped in my development.

For another thing, I had *no idea* what an exceptional person I was. I really had a very bad self-image (reinforced by my family, my dad in particular). I didn't know how cute I was; I didn't know how smart I was; I didn't know how talented I was; or how perceptive; so on and so forth. Totally clueless about myself. Actually worse than that, I had all kinds of wrong ideas and misgivings about my *abilities* and *worth*. I was shy, awkward, silent, locked up inside myself, afraid of people in general.

I'll not go on further about myself because this is sort of off topic from your question. I'm just pointing out that if you're not afraid or concerned about your life and future, you're already WAY ahead of where I was at your age! Wavey