Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice for helping my brother depressed secret gay.
Hereformybro Wrote:So we had a talk for about an hour just now. ... i hugged him and said i cared and loved for him and that its ok. ... Step one of admitting to some of this is huge as his communication is not very good. I told him i was proud of him for admitting it to me and that i was happy for him to relieve the burden. .... Honestly and surprisingly i really am not looking at him any different i think ive always known deep down inside so in reality i dont think anything has changed on my end. .... He says that he never has acted on his feeling towards a man and that he probably never will and that he cant imagine putting anything into his ass or sucking a penis. I however do think he is gay and just hasnt accepted this fact yet and is in denial. Do i just sit back and be supportive at this point or try and get him into better touch with his true feelings?.... I understand if i need to just leave the situation alone now but I just want whats best for my bro and for him to be happy and i dont know if he can be if still confused or in denial.

I truncated to hit the things you said that I thought were most important.

What a great thing you've done for him. All you can do now is to be supportive and let him come to terms with the idea that you love him and support him and that he doesn't need to be fearful or guilty about his same sex attraction. I suspect he is in denial at this point....but knowing that he doesn't have to hide from everyone may help him open up.

You can help him by encouraging him to be more social and try to get him involved with other people (NOT matchmaking, just socializing!!) in order to help lift him out of his depression.

Keep helping to build him up.

So far you seem to be laying a great foundation. He's so lucky to have a bro like you.

Your want to support him? Care, he is family, tell him that without bringing anything else up, just let him know you care about him, the person that he is, drop all the other stuff, if he wants to share the internal parts of his live, he will. Knowing you care and support him no matter what makes the difference, help him when he asks, James
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]