Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on Coming out
How do you know your friends' sexuality?

Have they each pulled you aside or had a coming out party?

No, I'm wiling to bet you have inferred it by who they talk about and many other subjects that come up with they talk naturally about stuff.

The straight guys always, ALWAYS talk about the gals. Right? Well start talking about the boys like the straight guys talk about the gals.

If you treat it like it is an uncomfortable subject, then everyone will be uncomfortable.

If it helps, say something like 'My, doesn't Tim's ass look fine in those jeans tonight.' - No worse than what the straight guys say about women. Right?

well i can't acsually give an advice but i can tell you how i camed out, probably can help, probably not.
At 17 i realized i was more phisically atracted to guys, haven;t told anyone ... my mom noticed this and just wanted me to tell her, so i did and she had a huge relief! With my friends was kinda easy i guess, lost some of them for some years, but after 2 years after coming out we started hating again.
All i did was to say i am gay only to the ones that ask , and i tried not to make a big deal out of it, i don;t know something like saying this like a shy dude , just said it in the normal voice and like i was saying "i like coke". I think they reacted that is wasn;t a big deal , since i haven;t made a big deal out of it.
Anyway if your friends will stop talking to you, they will eventually regret that they did that and they will recome and remake the friendship that was.
This happened to me.

they probably already know your gay

I'd like to start off by thanking everyone for posting. I now know what I need to do.

@Stevenmai: I really enjoyed your stories. The second one was a good laugh Laugh

@Hank I'm glad things worked out.

@Bricg Thanks! As far as I know they do care about me. I know coming out wouldn't be an issue for them since we've been through so much together already.

@Rainbowmum: Thank you! The answer was literally staring me in the face. I can't believe I overlooked the sig!

@Bowyn: You make a great point. Most of what I've come to know about my friends is through perception and interaction. Thank you.

@Mihai: thanks for the story

and finally haha
@ pellaz: Maybe. I've never suspected that they did but honestly at this point it doesn't matter to me.

Thanks everyone!:biggrin: