Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on Strange Guy
Hi,I'm new here and I have a curious question.Many years ago I met a guy at work.I was 30,he was 27. We got to talking and found out we lived close to each other.We became friends and started hanging out.We went to movies,shopping,a few clubs.{Straight} and he would have me for dinner once in awhile.He had 2 roomates,both female.He also claimed he had a girlfriend who lived in England. We would even go to Atlantic city for the day once in awhile. He went to England once to see her. I never came out to him because I wasn't sure what his situation was. Once in awhile he would make subtle remarks making me think he knew. He would give me friendly punches in the arm and once he touched the back of my neck.In the movies or on the bus sometimes our arms would be touching and he didn't move it. Well after knowing me for a while he started getting abusive calling me names like squid in a laughing manner.Then he got critical calling me a follower and daring me to lead the way in AC to see if I knew where I was going. Then one day he gets a job offer in Maine and I felt depressed knowing I probably would lose him. When he finally moved I visited him one weekend and he was nice at first but got abusive.HE had a female dog groomer as a roomate and he let me sleep on his waterbed with him but he only agreed to sleep with me if we slept opposite,my head next to his feet and vise versa. So one night we're driving and it's snowing and he blamed me for taking too long at the restaurant. He also got mad because I dropped the toll money when he had to pay.So he punched me in the arm and I punched his arm back,lightly and he gave me a hard slap across the face.The rest of that weekend he made gay slurs at me and when I finally left he shook my hand and wished me luck. 2 months later he came to our annual Christmas party and acted like nothing happened. Now my question is,do you think this guy was straight,gay,bi,or closeted. I'm really stumped and I would like your opinions. Would a straight guy allow a gay guy to sleep in the same bed even opposite ends? What about this girlfriend in England? Any advice would be appreciated.Thanks.

Who CARES what the fuck he his...dump his ass!!!!!

He's a user and abuser.......you sure as hell dont need any of that crap.
Leave him to live his own miserable existance, and you go find some people who will make real friends.

gay men often have better luck with straight hag ladies.

Have you not seen this guy in the past 25 years? If so, who cares whether he's gay, bi, or straight? If he's still in your life... why? It sounds like you had mixed messages from his behavior, worthy of cutting all ties. His hard slap across your face is too much abuse right there. I understand he was a friend on some level, but on another he was messed up.

Honestly the guy sounds like he had a few screws loose. I mean, who does that? Slap you for no reason and call you gay slurs one minute then shake your hand and wish you luck the next? I think you're asking the wrong questions altogether here.

couldn't care less if if he str8 or gay, he is a cunt and better left on his own.

never mind he is a nutcase... the important thing to know is if he is straight or gay...

LOL.

Thanks guys for your input. I do realize that he was a nut and not good for me.I was young at the time. But I really was curious if he was straight or closeted gay just to satisfy the mystery about him.What do you think?

That description really isn't helpful for discerning his sexual orientation, it's mostly (at best) irrelevant. If anything it confuses the issue because frankly he was such a nut case that he could be a straight guy acting nutty with you (that is without rhyme or reason, the brain misfiring badly, rather than desire).

But based on the fact he had sex with you (correct me if I'm wrong) I'd say he was either bi or gay. He may have used gay slurs because he hated being gay himself and took it out on you. As for girlfriend, well convenient to have her in another country, and that's why I'm guessing he wasn't even bi. And that's pure guesswork. ETA: Oh, and I'd guess he had a foot fetish.

For whatever it's worth, I bet he was probably at least curious. It sounds to me like he was fishing for some interest from you, but whenever you came even close he became a little abusive. I bet if you had come on strong he would have been willing to explore. It probably would have ended ugly, though.