Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on "opening up"
I consider myself sort of an empath. As I've posted before on here I have had several experiences with the supernatural, in particular ghosts and spirits. I've even had an experience within the last month where I was able to communicate with my BFs biological father who passed away a few years ago. It was very moving. However, here within the past few weeks I have had difficulty "opening up" as I call it, dropping my guard so that I can sense anything. I've attributed this difficulty to te fact that I've been in a very emotional state mentally due to my father's cancer and how fast he is deteriorating. I was wondering if any of you all who believe in this sort of thing and have had experience with it might could give some advice on how I can overcome this difficulty.

It sounds like you need a little time to get back to your normal self anyway. I'm not sure what I believe in terms of what you are describing but it's probably safer when you are more grounded within yourself. I wish you well, as well as your Father. Meditation may help you to feel more grounded and deal with things that are happening.

kbiz Wrote:It sounds like you need a little time to get back to your normal self anyway. I'm not sure what I believe in terms of what you are describing but it's probably safer when you are more grounded within yourself. I wish you well, as well as your Father. Meditation may help you to feel more grounded and deal with things that are happening.

Thanks. I've got today and the next three days off work and I'm taking some time to refocus myself and sort things out. The only pressing matter I have at this point besides spending time with my dad is learning my lines for a musical coming up. Hopefully this time will be a peaceful one where I can relax and start getting back to the real me. Smile

Currently you are like a swimmer in the ocean who has just gashed their leg. You are bleeding into the water and that blood is drawing predatory creatures (sharks) to you.

Emotionally you are sending out signals on the physic plane, and the first responders are those things that feed on negative emotions, those things that seek out the weak and injured to feast upon. Just like sharks are the first to investigate a bleeding swimmer.

You are hurt, worried, concerned - most likely you need assurances right now that there is something after death, that life goes on after a human shuffles off this mortal coil.

I find it suspicious that a spirit would contact you that is a father figure especially when you are dealing with your own father's mortality. Right now you need assurances that there is something after death, and 'coincidentally' a man shows up who was a father and gives you this lovely experience.

This is akin to winning exactly enough money off the lotto to pay off your debts when you need it most. Possible, but highly unlikely.

What I think may really be happening is that the first shark has appeared and is circling you.

Malevolent spirit entities (AKA demons) use trickery and deceit to gain a human's trust. They will show up when a person is vulnerable, to gain the trust of that person, convince the human they are harmless and once they get inside the person's 'shields' or gets the human to accept them more readily then the shit storm of bad takes place as they rip off their mask and become that which they really are.

My gut is telling me that this particular entity is not who you think it is. I feel like it may very well be a minor demon or even a minor host that is using you and your current emotional state, picking the BF's Father as a mask to wear to gain your trust, to gain entry inside your shields (inside your guard).

Humans have instinctual protections, intellectually, emotionally, physically and spiritually. If you can't drop your shields there is good reason for that right now. Yes right now you want to have a nice experience with the other realm, you need assurances that its all somehow OK... however your gut, your deeper instinct pretty much is aware that this miracle is suspicious and is going to protect you from harm.

Right now is the worst possible time to seek to open yourself up to the spirit realm. You are vulnerable to attack, you are open to suggestions, you are willing and more able right now to accept the unacceptable and you most likely desire to be deceived and told everything is OK and everything will be alright from any spirit source.

I would strongly suggest that you seek ways to strengthen those shields, and to be highly suspicious of any entity that attempts contact with you.

So if it is something malicious, which honestly I have had suspicions about for the past couple of days, how can I get rid of it? And how can I "strengthen" my shields? I've always had a strong interest in the paranormal, even as a child, and I don't want to cut myself off from it completely. Also, just as a side note, when I had that experience with what I believe to be my BF's father, I was not seeking anything for myself. I was seeking for my BF.

An end is a beginning. This is why I'll never be afraid of death. This is why I do not morn for people who die I morn for people who are sad. I've had a few friends die in my life. At the funereal I was not sad for them passing I was happy for their lives. I was sad for everyone else.

But you are allowed to be emotional at this time. Sometime being emotional can open new doors too. You should also get your farther to smoke marijuana. I can slow cancer. Or have him eat the oil is probably the better idea.

I don't think that you need to open yourself up at this moment otherwise you would be able to. You are occupied with the fading life of your farther and the probability that he won't be on this earth for long.

Empaths are more "readers of emotions" than detectors of the spirit world. Empaths can sense and feel others' emotions, feelings, and even thoughts...if they are in tune enough.
If you have the ability to summon or speak to spirits, then you would be considered a medium.

Im a lower level empath, usually with animals, especially cats. I used to also be in harmony with trees.
Sometimes if a human is on my "frequency" I can feel their emotions and sense their feelings.
I am that way with a couple of close friends.

In regard to your current status/situation, I would suggest "turning it off" for a while. Meditate.
You need to focus on one specific thing right now, and it should be your father. Dont let other things get in the way. If you dont know how to turn it off, I would do some research on it and find out how.

Meditation helps a great deal with this. If you dont know how to meditate, there are many different methods, you need to find the right one for you.

The one tricky thing about empaths, at any level, is that they can only deal with one emotional circumstance at a time. Good ones can handle up to maybe three or four, any more than that, and it becomes a living nightmare in your head. The voices never stop.

Work on your meditation, get your self and your thoughts centered, and focus on what needs to be dealt with at this time....taking care of your father.

When the times comes in the future for you to "turn it on" again, you will know.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Empaths are more "readers of emotions" than detectors of the spirit world.

Narh they more fell emotion then read. And powerful empaths can fell emotion beyond the living world.

Thanks guys. Yeah empath wasn't the word I was looking for but it was the closest thing I could think of. I've been working on focusing myself more all day and I've also been working on getting rid of anything that may have attached itself to me. The scary thing is, the more I think about everything that has been going on for the past few months (since October) the more it seems like I could have been playing "host" to something nasty since then.

archubbycub Wrote:So if it is something malicious, which honestly I have had suspicions about for the past couple of days, how can I get rid of it? And how can I "strengthen" my shields? I've always had a strong interest in the paranormal, even as a child, and I don't want to cut myself off from it completely. Also, just as a side note, when I had that experience with what I believe to be my BF's father, I was not seeking anything for myself. I was seeking for my BF.

archubbycub Wrote:Thanks guys. Yeah empath wasn't the word I was looking for but it was the closest thing I could think of. I've been working on focusing myself more all day and I've also been working on getting rid of anything that may have attached itself to me. The scary thing is, the more I think about everything that has been going on for the past few months (since October) the more it seems like I could have been playing "host" to something nasty since then.

First, you are hurting - in pain, worried about your dad for one, God only knows what else. You are basically cut and bleeding - you don't have to ask or be seeking for something like that to show up... They will show up and use any route to get in (at you).

It appears you opened the door in hopes to contact your BF's Father. Well apparently that was the door that this entity has decided to slide a toe in. It was there to take advantage of the situation.

It most likely even "whispered" this idea to contact the BF's dad into your head. Demons are suggestive on a psychic level.

Stop seeking contact with the spirit realm until such time as you have proper training and have a few dozens of protections up and around you. No wait, just stop seeking contact with the spirit realm period. I have known a few 'experts' who many a minor mistake and get attacked by a host of nasties.

Understand there are various forms of 'entity' out there which get labeled 'Demon'. There are what I call 'vultures' - they appear around people who have problems and sort of circle around ready to pounce for when the person goes down (emotionally, spiritually, physically, whatever). I see 'vultures' all the time. And see isn't the right word since its not optical, its more of a 'feeling' a 'sense' I can't readily explain.

Then there are real demons, malicious, vicious entities that hunt for humans and answer certain calls. These are the ones that will play tricks and deceive to get at a person.

This 'spirit encounter' sounds like a real demon.

You most likely have a vulture following you around, these pretty much feed of the anxiety, fear, pain all of the negative emotions of humans. If you are a true empath you might actually pick up in its emotions from time to time, especially during those times when it 'swoops in' to 'feed' off your emotional energy.

That one I fear there isn't much you can do to block it short of encircling your house or property with brick dust, salt, soot and ashes from a tree which is sacred to your tradition. These are more or less 'natural' fauna in the spirit realm, while hideous to consider they exist, they don't tamper with a person or cause a person to go down roads a person isn't already going down.

If you are in contact with a 'real' demon, one of those malevolent malicious manipulative entities then I would have to know how much power you have given it and some other details about the impact it has had on your life to have an idea of how 'attached' it is to you.

From what you said, it making one contact, and leaving you with a happy experience, it has basically put the hook before you but you haven't bit, thus you are not on the hook. Unless you nibbled and it got a chance to set the hook. Doubtful, in most cases like this the entity plays for a long time at being a human spirit, winning total confidence of the victim.

Right now, the next time is shows up in this ghost form and tries to convince you it is the father, tell it you are not buying this and you demand it leaves.

Personally, I would start carrying rowan wood. I would also get a holy symbol that relates to my tradition, bless it and carry it with me. The next time that thing approaches, pull out the holy symbol and wave it around. If this is a not so nice entity it will depart rather rapidly.

Salt is a medium high protection substance. A circle of salt drawn around your bed (it doesn't have to be a perfect circle, a rectangle of a line of salt unbroken is considered a 'circle') will protect you from most forms of demonic attackers at night, while you sleep.

PM me with a list of other peculiar things that have gone on since October that makes you feel like you have potential spirit problems. If you are comfortable with putting it here, there are other people who have some experience and may have other helpful advise to bring to the table.