Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice to unsolicited callers
Saves a lot of hassle

[Image: t1-486677-958_1842951540727012925_n.jpg]
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

*Chuckles* There was a time before I lived in a secure condo when I could have definitely used that thing.

I used to greet Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons at the door with my own self-made pamphlet.

"Thank you so much for your consideration, it's so kind of you to worry about my immortal soul. I've already found my faith and I am very happy with it. I don't come proselytizing on your doorstep, so please refrain from doing so on mine in the future." With a nice decorative pentagram complete with Buddha at it's center as a monogram in the corner.

A few times, they knocked again to ask if they could take the pamphlet with them, but they never were disrespectful of my request.

I wish that worked for phone calls.

There are companies that just call you up randomly to 'introduce' you some new product, packet, whatever. I hate that. I know what I want to buy or what I need to buy, and I find my own way to it. I don't need anybody calling my number to tell me about a great new deal on some thing or another. It is one of the most annoying things in the world! And some of those companies dial your number at 9.30 in the morning! What are they thinking? It's prime sleep time for some people.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Having telephones that allow you to turn off their ringers is a great help for that.
I bid NO Trump!

If they call me, I answer the phone, let them go through their spiel then hang up when they are finished. If the come to my door, same thing, I let them go through their spiel then close my door.

waste the cunts time Smile

When JWs knock at my door I greet them with a smile, take their pamphlet, say thanks and goodbye.
Right after closing the door I rip the pamphlet apart with a loud noise and imagine their faces.