Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After you die
What do you want done with your body? This seems like a nice solution:

http://www.trueactivist.com/biodegradabl...o-forests/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:What do you want done with your body? This seems like a nice solution:

http://www.trueactivist.com/biodegradabl...o-forests/

Interesting.... i have heard of some countries whereby they make cemeteries into parks too.

I do plan on being cremated. And I really like this idea. The thing that bothers me is... would the resulting tree wind up as some fool's Christmas tree (which is another mass scale waste of natural resource).

If I agreed to such a premise, I would want some kind of reasonable assurance that the tree wouldn't wind up as toilet tissue, paper towel, or snot rags. My reasoning has nothing to do with my next incarnation as a tree (more crap I don't believe in). It has to do with the fact that mankind has done a completely miserable job of managing the finite resources of this planet. We waste tremendous amounts of recyclable material all in the name of convenience to the human race, to religious foolishness, and sheer laziness. All that bothers me.

Still, I'll be dead and it won't be my problem when the scales between humanity and the viability of the planet are tipped past the point of no return, so I guess I don't really care.

Mmmmm a interesting idea.

Stevie Wrote:I do plan on being cremated. And I really like this idea. The thing that bothers me is... would the resulting tree wind up as some fool's Christmas tree (which is another mass scale waste of natural resource).

Well, you can choose which tree you want to be buried with, it doesn't have to be a fir tree. If that service were available where I live I would probably arrange to be buried in the botanicaL garden. I'm sure that they wouldn't mind an extra tree. Or how about a public park where the tree would be looked after? It's a question of imagination and getting permission.

I do plan on migration to Highgate cemetery or Pere Lachaise, there is a good company.

Gaveston Wrote:I do plan on migration to Highgate cemetery or Pere Lachaise, there is a good company.

Could you afford Highgate cemetery? It's far from being cheap or do you want to be buried alongside this guy?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

i want to be cremated. i knew that ever since i was a teenager. and i don't want the ashes to be kept around somewhere, just thrown out into the wind in the countryside or seaside. something like that.

Quote:It's far from being cheap

It is definitely not "the death -bed where the rich and the poor are equalized"

I think that they overpaid

I really like this idea. But, I would prefer to not be cremated -or- embalmed.

Unfortunately, that means I'll have to suffer some unfortunate accident and not be found until I'm decomposed, or murdered and my body hidden or buried until decomposition. Neither is particularly likely.

The tree idea is a very cool alternative.