Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After you die
LONDONER Wrote:...Or how about a public park where the tree would be looked after?...
I'm thinking you just want dog piss all over me! What a way to rain on my parade!
Roflmao

meridannight Wrote:i want to be cremated. i knew that ever since i was a teenager. and i don't want the ashes to be kept around somewhere, just thrown out into the wind in the countryside or seaside. something like that.
Make sure whoever does it doesn't throw you into the wind. Choking on a beloved friend would be a hell of a kismet.
Wink

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:...Unfortunately, that means I'll have to suffer some unfortunate accident and not be found until I'm decomposed, or murdered and my body hidden or buried until decomposition...
Love you Twist, but you have this way of making the most innocent remark sound like a horror film.
Roflmao
---------------------
I've thought about it...

I want to be on a little island off a stormy coast of cliffs somewhere, burnt on a funeral pyre lit by Hugh Jackman, while the most loved people of my life look down at the clouds upon me with benevolent smiles...

Ah Crap. That's the end of the movie Van Helsing. Never mind.

I always wanted to be cast in lucite and made into a lamp. You know, pull the chain and the light bulb comes on in my head.

MikeW Wrote:I always wanted to be cast in lucite and made into a lamp. You know, pull the chain and the light bulb comes on in my head.
Is this some type of twisted logic that represents you wanting to be some kind of idea, i.e. the light bulb going on over someone's head, after you die? If so, I think it macabre. And brilliant. Any particular wattage in mind?
Wink

Though I am well-torn regarding this issue, a bit of Amy Lowell often comes to mind:

"When I am dead and over me April shakes out its rain drenched hair, I shall not care."
I bid NO Trump!

Stevie Wrote:I'm thinking you just want dog piss all over me! What a way to rain on my parade!
Roflmao

Make sure whoever does it doesn't throw you into the wind. Choking on a beloved friend would be a hell of a kismet.
Wink

Thanks for that. Made me laugh out loud.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

MikeW Wrote:I always wanted to be cast in lucite and made into a lamp. You know, pull the chain and the light bulb comes on in my head.

THAT would be worth a lot of money!!!!! Betcha someone would pay 100K + for it

The tree is a cool idea but I have already pre-paid to be embalmed and since I think the body is a temporary vessel for the spirit/soul the only thing that would appeal to me with the tree is that someone is planting another tree.

East Wrote:The tree is a cool idea but I have already pre-paid to be embalmed and since I think the body is a temporary vessel for the spirit/soul the only thing that would appeal to me with the tree is that someone is planting another tree.

Careful, The Borg may come and reanimate you! :eek:

I want to be buried, and a Rowan Tree planted above me. Failing that, Mike's lamp idea sounds appealing :biggrin:
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Cremation. Nothing else.

bluedragon Wrote:Interesting.... i have heard of some countries whereby they make cemeteries into parks too.

I miss read that slightly and though it said they make cemeteries into Theme Parks, made me think other countries are far more happier about death than the UK until I re-read it correctly Smile