Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age of consent, paedophilia, NAMBLA etc.
I find it funny that not so long ago, kids were "adults" as soon as they were able to breed, which was about the age of 12 to 14. And in some countries that is still in effect.

Responsibility for ones self, and for others is also a formidable use in becoming an "adult", but nobody teaches this to their kids anymore. Well, not many anyway. If responsibility was taught to young kids, as far as sexuality and adulthood are concerned, I dont think we would have so many problems as there are nowdays.

THE AGE OF CONSENT
By: Joshular

IF YOU FUK SOMEONE WHO IS UNDER 16 AND YOU ARE OVER 18 YOU ARE A CREEPY FUCK. I'LL PUNCH THESE PEOPLE IN THE TESTICLES!!! (If you are 18 and you are with someone who is 15 that isn't bad as long as they are consenting IMO)
IF YOU ARE OVER 30 AND ARE FUCKING A 16-18 YEAR IMO YOU ARE ALSO CREEPY (I may or my not punch you :3)

I do be thinking that people should date people around their own age. It's LOGICAL... But then again there are too many dumb fuckers out there.

ALSO IMO DUMB PEOPLE BREED... AND STUPIDITY IS GENETIC!

Scenario:
Say you have a neighbor who's a pedophile. He has a very strong attraction to little kids and he's fully aware that kids can't consent and trying to pursue them is wrong, so he holds his sexual feelings back. But, he can't help his attraction to kids and no matter how hard he tries, he just does not find people his own age attractive. He's tried being in a relationship with a girl his age, but it didn't work as the guy just wasn't happy. So now he lives alone and depressed with a romantic and sexual appetite he can never satisfy because it's wrong.

Should I feel bad for this guy?

^^

I do. And I'm very glad he checks his impulses rather than flowing with them.

Joshular Wrote:IMO DUMB PEOPLE BREED... AND STUPIDITY IS GENETIC!

Though I should just ignore this as it has nothing to do with the thread it's very late for me and I thought I'd point this out:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2...ng-morons/

I understand your opinion trumps all facts, arguments, and other people's opinions (and sometimes I think you just say things that are completely random without rhyme or reason) so it's not so much for you as it is for others.

TonyAndonuts Wrote:Scenario:
Say you have a neighbor who's a pedophile. He has a very strong attraction to little kids and he's fully aware that kids can't consent and trying to pursue them is wrong, so he holds his sexual feelings back. But, he can't help his attraction to kids and no matter how hard he tries, he just does not find people his own age attractive. He's tried being in a relationship with a girl his age, but it didn't work as the guy just wasn't happy. So now he lives alone and depressed with a romantic and sexual appetite he can never satisfy because it's wrong.

Should I feel bad for this guy?

Why SHOULD you feel bad for this guy?
He seems to be containing himself, but then again, he is not looking for any help on how to deal with this.

Politely being disrespectful is still being disrespectful.

It is like trying to put lip stick on a pig...it is still a pig Wink

MisterTinkles Wrote:Why SHOULD you feel bad for this guy?
He seems to be containing himself, but then again, he is not looking for any help on how to deal with this.

Just like most homosexuals don't seek help on how to rid their homosexuality.
I'm not gonna pretend I know much of anything about pedophilia, but if it's true that they can't help the way they feel for children just like homosexuals can't help the way they feel about their same sex, then why is it okay for them to see a psychiatrist or go through some electro shock therapy because of their supposed mental illness but for homosexuals the idea is very offensive? Is it simply because being gay doesn't harm anyone while acting on pedophiliac feelings does?

TonyAndonuts Wrote:Just like most homosexuals don't seek help on how to rid their homosexuality.
I'm not gonna pretend I know much of anything about pedophilia, but if it's true that they can't help the way they feel for children just like homosexuals can't help the way they feel about their same sex, then why is it okay for them to see a psychiatrist or go through some electro shock therapy because of their supposed mental illness but for homosexuals the idea is very offensive? Is it simply because being gay doesn't harm anyone while acting on pedophiliac feelings does?

Being a homosexual is a FAR FAR FAR cry from being a pedophile!!!!
THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING!!!!

Psychiatrists found, years ago, that the actual sex of the person doesnt matter to most pedophiles, its the "innocence" of someone young that is the attraction. Yes, some DO prefer boys, and some DO prefer girls, but apparently MOST dont care whether they are male of female.

Pedophilia is a socio-mental disorder. Homosexuality is not.

I find the idea of sexually desiring children completely alien and I don't get it at all. Teenagers, once they show actual gender, I can at least understand but younger than that is as bizarre to me as having a thing for horses, or even cacti! Seriously, there was a guy who only had sex with cacti (he had a system of cutting them just right so he didn't hurt himself). What was that about? :confused: I've just accepted that sexual desire is strange, mysterious, and baffling, and we're a long way from having any real idea, currently we only have some clues to extrapolate with. And if men can desire sex with cacti (and ONLY cacti) then why not sex with children?

I understand that there are some men into children because they identify as children themselves, "children in adult bodies." Almost all the cases I've heard of (that explored her reasoning) of women into underage boys (though almost always teenager at least) thought of themselves "still as teenagers" themselves.

And then there are those that do target innocence, and while as a general rule that means they'd prefer a 12-year-old to an 18-year-old they'll still choose a sheltered, innocent 18-year-old to a streetwise world-weary 12-year-old hardened by an alley cat existence (which do exist, btw). I get the feeling from them that they're vampires of some sort and molesting kids is a necessary (or at least most efficient) means to an end of feeding off some energy within the innocent.

OTOH, some are strictly attracted to a specific age and/or gender. Like one guy who got plastered in a bar complained of how all the 10-year-old girls were intentionally seducing him, but not any other age, only that age (give or take a year). The bartender found out that he was registered for having molested girls that age. And his complaints reminds me of all the men who were so certain that I wanted their penis inside me, they just KNEW it, that I aroused them on purpose...and even the Malleus Maleficarum blames all sexual desire on witchcraft, that men would be saintly if women didn't intentionally make them feel lust.

And then there are those who just need to shock and explore the taboo, that is they only want to do it because it scandalizes and draws condemnation.

All in all it seems that there are more than one reason why some are attracted to children...but I can only guess at them as I have no such desires myself.