Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agnosticism
The best part of Paganism is doing it naked.
I bid NO Trump!
[-] The following 2 members Like LJay's post:
  • andy, InbetweenDreams

(05-22-2020, 04:10 AM)LJay Wrote: The best part of Paganism is doing it naked.

Ya know, I wouldn't mind partaking in a Pagan ritual, never done one yet. I'm really at the beginnings of exploring all that. Beltane was a big one that a lot of people enjoy, but with the pandemic maybe next year.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(05-22-2020, 03:44 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 04:10 AM)LJay Wrote: The best part of Paganism is doing it naked.

Ya know, I wouldn't mind partaking in a Pagan ritual, never done one yet. I'm really at the beginnings of exploring all that. Beltane was a big one that a lot of people enjoy, but with the pandemic maybe next year.
Do you know local folks who are interested?
I bid NO Trump!

@LJay Not really, I know one or two Pagans. Might have to look up one...I really don't know how to network and find people...especially the naked rituals lol not sure how I might go about that...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Sorry but I thought I had replied.

If you know a pagan or two, then you just ask them to hang out and explain how they go about things. Just say that you are curious and looking for information. Not everyone does skyclad (naked) rituals, but some do. You can also do things on your own.
I bid NO Trump!
[-] The following 1 member Likes LJay's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

(05-22-2020, 07:24 PM)LJay Wrote: Sorry but I thought I had replied.

If you know a pagan or two, then you just ask them to hang out and explain how they go about things.  Just say that you are curious and looking for information.  Not everyone does skyclad (naked) rituals, but some do.  You can also do things on your own.

One of them is Wiccan and trying to remember who else it was that said they were Pagan... But yes, I would love to learn more and wouldn't mind trying skyclad....didn't know that term till just now lol
Check out my stuff!

I guess if I was to identify with any religion, I would always say I've had leanings towards Paganism. I've always been drawn towards forests and woodlands, hills and mountains, and the wild coasts too.
I often feel a presence in nature when I'm out in the wilds, like a primitive sense of belonging that I need to reconnect with, and understand better. It can be both humbling and powerfully emotional at the same time, I can't really explain it.

I nearly went to a Pagan moot once years ago, but I backed out at the last minute. I can't remember why now, I guess I might have felt that I didn't know enough about Paganism, and spent too much time procrastinating about it that I never went in the end.

I just follow my own spiritual path, not identifying with anything, I just follow what resonates best with me. I don't think of myself as Agnostic though, I do believe there is some higher form of consciousness, more of a universal consciousness perhaps, as I try and tap into that through meditation. I really can't define where I am on the spectrum of things, I just do what feels right for me, and my own personal journey.

I did attend several meditation classes at a local Buddhist Centre a couple of years ago, but that was mainly to pick up any tips I could to help my own practice.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bookworm's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

@Bookworm I highly recommend this book...https://www.amazon.com/Paganism-Introduction-Earth-Centered-Religions/dp/0738702226

I'm lazy and got the audiobook, but I listened to it probably 2-3 times. Now to save you $12.99 or whatever it costs, I'll sort of sum what it means to be Pagan. All the constructs that typically come with a Christain faith can be tossed out the window. Paganism is an umbrella term for anything that isn't an Abrahamic reliigion, so it can literally be anything except for what is considered a "left-hand" path. A Left-hand path is something like Satanism, not that Satanism is bad but typically goes against what most Pagans might believe.

What I found interesting is that some Pagans do not believe in any deity or God. Not all Pagans celebrate things the same way or go in groups. There's no such thing as a Pagan church, nor is there any organization like you find with the Catholic church for example. There's no set of things that you're supposed to believe nor is there some set of rules, but most traditions will have something like the Wiccan Rede which is known for "An' ye harm none, do what ye will"

The book goes into greater detail and I do like that they're not really trying to convert anyone. They do a good job staying neutral and explaining the differences and why things like witchcraft have a negative connotation to it today (spoiler alert, it's Christians).

(05-24-2020, 10:48 PM)Bookworm Wrote: I guess if I was to identify with any religion, I would always say I've had leanings towards Paganism. I've always been drawn towards forests and woodlands, hills and mountains, and the wild coasts too.
I often feel a presence in nature when I'm out in the wilds, like a primitive sense of belonging that I need to reconnect with, and understand better. It can be both humbling and powerfully emotional at the same time, I can't really explain it.

I nearly went to a Pagan moot once years ago, but I backed out at the last minute. I can't remember why now, I guess I might have felt that I didn't know enough about Paganism, and spent too much time procrastinating about it that I never went in the end.

I just follow my own spiritual path, not identifying with anything, I just follow what resonates best with me. I don't think of myself as Agnostic though, I do believe there is some higher form of consciousness, more of a universal consciousness perhaps, as I try and tap into that through meditation. I really can't define where I am on the spectrum of things, I just do what feels right for me, and my own personal journey.

I did attend several meditation classes at a local Buddhist Centre a couple of years ago, but that was mainly to pick up any tips I could to help my own practice.

That all being said, by your post you could sort of say you're a Pagan. You don't have to belong to any particular group or do any particular rituals or anything for that matter, but you don't have to "own" the label of being a Pagan. I guess you could say that while you can say that someone who is Baptist is a Christian. Pagan religions aren't stemming off Paganism like Abrahamic religions or Christian denominations do.

There's a little write-up on Wikipedia, it kind of skims things which is good enough... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paganism

Finally this. Paganism is kind of like a buffet, you have to serve yourself and you get to pick the things that you like and work for you. It is very much a journey. So if you were hoping to be told what to believe and all the answers to the unknown, not so fast. It is a journey and for me it has been interesting and eyeopening.

I know this thread is about Agnosticism, but I do think the next steps for someone especially if they're not feeling it from Christianity or some other faith, Paganism is a good start, there's no one who will shove scripture down your throat and no one who will say you're doing it wrong or you're going to hell, because hell doesn't exist in Pagan religions.

Anyway, I think you should explore Pagan traditions. I did celebrate Betane (May Day), we just did a big fire in the back yard, nothing special. I know some Pagan festivals would normally have a gathering but I really don't know much about the details of how those work, but it's nothing crazy.
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • Bookworm

I'm Christian and I do believe in God. I wasn't raised that way and nobody installed it into me but somehow I have that faith anyway.

(05-25-2020, 02:36 AM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: That all being said, by your post you could sort of say you're a Pagan. 

Yes, I guess you could say I am a Pagan at heart. More of an intuitive one than a practicing one. 

Thanks for the book recommendation. I never really explored Paganism further way back when, but I'm happy to at least revisit some reading material when I get a chance. I've always been aware of the Pagan festivals though.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bookworm's post:
  • InbetweenDreams